pinkbunnies

TPMS/Check engine light on

I have a 2013 Nissan NV3500.  It has right around 10k miles on it.  The TPMS light has come on and then the check engine light has come on.  It flashes and makes a noise.  The spedometer goes up and then falls down like it has lost power.  The RPM gauge does the same thing.  It sounds like it is surging up and down and feels like it is losing power.  

I've had the tires rotated once since I bought it but that was 4 months ago and I had no issues with that.

I've checked the tire pressure and its perfect.  

I went by the dealer today and they wanted me to leave it with them over the weekend.  I declined and told them I'd return it first thing Monday morning.

I was at a customers house earlier today and it would turn over but would not fire.  I was about to call a tow truck after trying for 10 minutes and then I said 1 more time and it cranked up.  Driving home I took video on my phone of what it is doing. I parked it and tried to crank it up again and it cranked with no issues.  

The dealership told me that it sounds like a wiring issue.  I've done nothing to it to affect the wiring and I bought it brand new.  

It is my work van.  I'm trying to figure out if it is something simple or more complex but can't find any info. 

Has anyone else had an issue like this?

Wow, sounds wierd. Have u changed ANYTHING? Radio, driving lights, bulbs, anything??

My nv acted horribly, but always started, after I changed the center high mount stop light with an led bulb. Your issue sounds similar but worse. My uneducated guess is that something is making the ecu angry.

I was able to get it to crank up again so I drove it up to advance to have them check it with their computer.  It threw two codes.  1 said unable to communicate with ECM the other said speed censor.  

I know this has nothing to do with my issues but I had the van converted when I bought it to run on CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) which brings me to my next conclusion.  It is def. a computer issue because the gas fuel pump would not come on so I also tried to crank it on CNG since it requires no fuel pump but still nothing.

x

Edited by Jerry

Might want to look into the ecm grounding. Make sure the grounds are making good contact and install star washers if necessary. And ecm communication problem could be related to poor grounding. Grounding was a problem on the earlier model years of the NV. I don't know if there was a TSB for this, but the Nissan USA was aware of it.