radin2son

Locating certified NV dealerships

Staff,

Do you have and can you make available an online list of NV dealerships in the US and Canada? This would be helpful both in terms of purchase and service, the latter particularly when traveling.

The way it is now, I search "Nissan NV dealers in ? State" and get all the extraneous stuff that google loves to provide. Using Nissan's site is not much better as it wants a zip code and/or other info and a mile limit search.

Even a "wants to know your location" would work better.

rad

I didn't think each dealer would have this, but Nissan Corp I'm sure does. If mapped, it would look like the early cell phone coverage maps with lots of blank areas. If just listed by state, it would be less revealing but useful.

I still think it is a problem for NV owners not being able to use any and all Nissan dealerships for routine service.

If you go to the nissancommercialvehicles DOT com website, then click on Find A dealer on left lower side, the put in a city or zip and search for just Business Certified, it works.  An industrious person... not me... well, not me today... could go state by state and mark 'em on a AAA paper map.

I've done both what you suggest as well as a Google search on a trip to the Everglades. Ended up at a new dealership in Panama City.

This worked out fine, but it would have been easier having a list before our trip to figure out where we could get service depending on destinations we were considering.

Your second suggestion actually is doable online if kept simple; that is, list NV cities by state.

AZ

Mesa

Phoenix

Scottsdale

Tucson

Not sure how many states or provinces are covered by forum members, but they could post the numbers for their state/province. A separate list would be needed and edited by 1 person.

Edit: Unless the already is a list, it is not worth the effort.

Edited by radin2son

I've done both what you suggest as well as a Google search on a trip to the Everglades. Ended up at a new dealership in Panama City.

This worked out fine, but it would have been easier having a list before our trip to figure out where we could get service depending on destinations we were considering.

Your second suggestion actually is doable online if kept simple; that is, list NV cities by state.

AZ

Mesa

Phoenix

Scottsdale

Tucson

Not sure how many states or provinces are covered by forum members, but they could post the numbers for their state/province. A separate list would be needed and edited by 1 person.

Edit: Unless the already is a list, it is not worth the effort.

How often do you get on the road?  I absolutely love to drive and explore, wish I could do way more of it than I get the chance to now.

Our goal when we committed to buying the SMB was 1000/12000 mi a month/year and to keep it for 10 years. Why 1K a month? You have to drive 500 miles to start your trip from Tucson as the joke goes. Our last short trip was in December (too nice to leave AZ in the winter), so we don't always stick to this arbitrary goal. But in 2+ years we have driven 40K.

Next trip is to Charlottesville, VA (via I-77 at some point) this spring. Not sure if we will continue north, but if the weather is good Newfoundland and Labrador, maybe, beckon. When in high school, I lived in Sept Iles, Quebec. There now is a road (Trans-Labrador Hwy) from Goose Bay, Labrador to just south of Sept Iles. 775 miles of wilderness on an asphalt/gravel road that is graded once a year. Will need new tires and possibly a battery if we attempt this, probably not. Eastern Canadians visiting Tucson say Newfoundland is a great place to visit.

Have you heard the term stone drill? I hadn't so I need to consider some type of AT tire that help prevent this on gravel roads. (Travelers on the gravel Dempster Hwy to and past the Artic Circle in Yukon and NW Territories recommend 2 spares. The road seemed smooth enough but I guess rocks get caught in the tread, hence stone drill. We were turned back by a 15 kilometer section of flooded road.)

Back to my original ? I looked at what is available on Nissan's commercial site and it is sufficient. It would be better if you could pull up dealers by state.

Back to your ? Yes, we like road trips, the more secondary roads the better. Our longest road trip has been 2 months in the SMB. Gets smaller and smaller after 30 days.

Edited by radin2son

Just saw your post about visiting Cville, Va! I live there and we are seriously considering a NV purchase this summer. Look me up when you roll in. Dep4b@yahoo.com is my email. I

I will let you know when we are in the area.

If you haven't taken a test drive or watched the various NV and Quigley videos, do so. This is one seriously, well built vehicle!

I would like to do the trip up to factory this summer!