I have been following this forum on occasion for quite some time, and have been pleasantly surprised at the overall good nature and helpfulness of both the owners and other Commercial Managers on the forum, so have decided to try and take a more active role in contributing to the conversation.

About me, Capital Nissan, and what we do…

I had a diverse childhood growing up the son of an active duty USAF member, and lived in various places including IL, SD, WY, KS, FL, and OH, before returning to my hometown of Buckhannon, West Virginia to live for the first time at 13 years of age.  There we lived on a small beef cattle farm, and I worked for several other farmers in the area during High School.

This upbringing, along with a career path that ranges from having been an ASE Certified Master Automotive Tech, a Millwright and Heavy Equipment Operator at a Fortune 500 Company manufacturing facility, the owner of multiple successful businesses, and an accountant over the course of the last 20 years has uniquely qualified me for my current role.

My former job as an accountant who worked from home allowed me to live anywhere I wanted to, and it was time to get away from the limited opportunity available in Appalachia. In all of my travels I had never found a place that I enjoyed being more than Wilmington, NC. After much thought and consideration, my beautiful wife and I packed up our three boys who are now 7, 13 & 15 years old and moved to the beach!

Shortly after arriving here I decided to take a leap of faith and find something that I truly Love to do. Since I really like getting out and meeting lots of new people, I knew that I wanted to get back into a sales career of some type.

One day I was on Craigslist looking for a boat, and on a whim I clicked on the jobs category, and “sales”. The first ad on there was for a Nissan Dealership looking to hire several Sales people. My parents had both owned Nissan’s since the 80’s and I myself had a 1997 Frontier and then a 2005 X-Terra, and we’d always had great service out of them. In fact, I don’t remember ANY of us ever having a major problem with ANY of the Nissan’s we’d had over the years. Since I am a firm believer that you MUST believe in the product you sell, it seemed like a perfect fit!

About 6 months after being hired as a retail sales person, our dealership purchased the separate NV Franchise and shortly thereafter I was given the opportunity to be the Commercial Manager on a part time basis while continuing in retail sales. After that first month part time, which was a year ago now, it became necessary to do this full time and I have been here ever since. During that time, we have continued to do things to improve the experience here, and the business has continued to grow.

I personally handle all aspects of Commercial vehicles here at Capital to include ordering the vehicles, helping prospective customers find the right vehicle for their application, sales, obtaining financing, coordinating the work with a growing list of vendors to complete the up-fitting required for all of the applications these vehicles are used for, and so on.

It has been an exciting adventure to go from only having 3 or 4 units in stock and selling very few at first to now having 30-40 in stock and having many loyal customers who have purchased as many as 10 more times from us! We have developed relationships with local (and often not so local) business people, who continue to come back and purchase multiple vehicles as their business grows.

I believe, and many of my customers have told me there are several reasons for this:

1. The Nissan product, backed by the Best Commercial Van Warranty in America is the best value on the market right now.

2. The advantages that The Capital Automotive Group has by being a large dealer group with franchise stores under several different brands.

3. Our reputation that we continue to work hard on every day as an honest, highly competitive dealership that provides truly exceptional service to our customers.

If there is ever anything I can do to help a member of this forum, whether you are a prospective customer, a competitor or whatever, please don’t hesitate to contact me and I will always strive to do my best to help in any way that I can!

Jacob Teter

Commercial Vehicle Manager

Capital Nissan of Wilmington

5501 Market Street

Wilmington, NC 28405

(910) 782-3050 Office

Welcome! I enjoy knowing there are guys on both sides of the fence here.... Consumers and sellers!

Welcome, NC is very well represented here.  We have another commercial manager from our great state that will pop in to say hi I'm sure as well.  We even have "bates" who is north of the border in Canada.  This forum seems to just grow gradually with a few new members every week.  We are still a small group but everyone is pretty active on here.

Welcome!!

I will be traveling to NC in June. I should be in Wilmington, Williams beach, Greensboro, and Charlotte. Nice to see you on the site. Our first long roadtrip with the NV.

Edited by NoEffinMini4Me

Great! If you get the chance drop by for a visit...If you've never been to Wilmington before I'm sure you'll enjoy it! The most important spot to visit is a place called BRITT'S DONUTS on the boardwalk at Carolina Beach...best donuts EVER! 

Where in MI are you located? My brother and sister in law live in Marquette, in the U.P. 

Welcome Capital! Sounds like NC is the NV epicenter. I bought my NV in suburban Detroit- a high-population area and the dealer had only two on the lot. My understanding is there are only two NV-carrying dealers in the state. I think Nissan could have done much better here with a bit of a marketing push. It will be more difficult now with the Ford and Ram options.

Edited by Chris Dempsey

The dealership in Holland, MI is my closest and an hour away. It is hard to get there during the week with all the activities and work.

I have a airbag light that has been on for months. :)

I am in Muskegon, MI right on the coast of Lake Michigan.Marquette is about 8 hrs away. Way up in the cold country.

Welcome to the forums, Capital Nissan Commercial. Thanks for selling my family our NVP 3500 last July. I live up the road from you in Snead's Ferry with our family of eight. See you soon.

Donald Reynolds

Hello Donald, hope that all is going well for you, and that your family is enjoying the NVP! Next time you're down this way, be sure to stop in and say hello!

Take care,

Jacob