Sign in to follow this  
Davet2001

NV Stuck in Park

Anyone have a similar problem, the steering column gear shift will not move out of the park position. Tried about everything to get it to leave the park position. 

Turned truck off and on

Mashed the break peddle 

checked fuses

About 2 hours of messing around and nothing.

On at least one occasion, we have had a similar problem, but we're able to get it out of park. Not sure if this is related to the problem or not, but we had been driving using the shift button when we stopped and switched drivers. My wife couldn't get it to shift out of park. I turned the engine off/on, "mashed" the brake pedal, then pushed the button at the end of the shift lever and was able to get it to shift. Not easily, however.

When you get it to the dealer, have them check the shift plate. Unless they changed the design, it still could be incorrectly installed. It was an early recall item.

There also is a "Car Talk" solution. Set the parking brake before you shift to park. This primarily was related to parking on an incline and putting it in "park" then setting the parking brake; it makes it hard to get out of park. I rarely remember to do this...

Dealing with this right now, sigh.

They are sensitive to the driveline being  loaded when put in park .If your on any type of incline , set pbrake then put in park...

Works for me  ...

Glenn