Sign in to follow this  
Rudi Angeli

Dashboard Camera

Is anybody using a dash cam in their van? I would like to figure out how to video the front out the windshield and use the backup camera to record from behind

I have a dash cam and it works great. Records onto its own micro sd card in a constant loop depending on video quality and card size.

Mine has no option for an external monitor or external memory. If need be the camera can be connected via, usb into my computer or the micro sd card removed and inserted into a computer.

Not sure if you can splice into the rearview camera and install a digital recorder.

Not interested in a second rear mounted dash cam? Or you could by an after market rear view camera and digital recorder pretty cheap.

Rick.

I'm planning on putting one in my van, a neighbor has one built into a rear view mirror that works great got it on ebay, I also know they do have camera setups that can record from two different cameras, they are used on big trucks quite a bit to record forward and both sides of the truck.