#1 pruitt10

pruitt10

• Nissan NV Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationBracey Va
  • Current Vehicle:2012 NV 2500

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:56 PM

I just got a 2012 nv2500, it does not have the wiring for the brake controller as described in the manual (it says some models may be so equipped), however there is a male connector by the emergency brake cable underneath the dash. Can anyone tell me what this is for. I am hoping it is for the brake controller wiring. Thanks

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 kitcarlson

kitcarlson

• Nissan NV Member
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationMiddle, TN
  • Current Vehicle:NV2500 HD SV

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:56 AM

That sounds like the OBD2 connector (On Board Diagnostics).

Edited by kitcarlson, 18 January 2012 - 01:59 AM.

#3 jaymanfifty

jaymanfifty

• Nissan NV Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • Current Vehicle:NV 2500 SV V6 Silver Tech Pack Tow Pack

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:11 PM

That sounds like the OBD2 connector (On Board Diagnostics).

My NV had a connector just below the emergency brake that was taped up. The dealer had, however, installed a trailer hitch and the wiring harness on my NV. So I don't know if this connector would have been there had the dealer not done what he did???? I did not see the van until it was ready for pick up at the dealership.
I have added a prodigy brake controller to my NV and all seems to be working well. Maybe you should ask your dealer about the plug you found. My diagnostics plug is attached to the bottom of the plastic just below the steering wheel/column.
I ordered a wiring harness from the supplier where I got the Prodigy controller so all was "plug and play". I think it was the same harness that all Nissan vehicles require. I can provide the info on the supplier and the id for the harness if you wish?
Jay

#4 kitcarlson

kitcarlson

• Nissan NV Member
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationMiddle, TN
  • Current Vehicle:NV2500 HD SV

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:48 PM

I checked for the open connector at the emergency brake cable and found it. I looked in my NV2012 service manual disk. It seems to be E44, electric brake pre-wire circuit. I found it in the PG.pdf section on page 47. The connector has multiple pins however there only seem to be three wires, red, green and black, they are fairly heavy gauge.
  • chefjeff likes this

#5 nissan fixr

nissan fixr

• Nissan NV Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Locationsacramento
  • Current Vehicle:cagiva gran canyon

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:49 AM

the connector near the park brake is the factory pre wire for a brake controller! It is a very simple installation if you have the factory 7 pin wiring harness. If your nv did not come with a hitch, I strongly recomend the OE harness that is available at any nissan dealer. nissan also offers a subharness that plugs in for the brake controller but any trailer supply has a direct connect harness for most newer brake controllers, its a very simple plug and play setup!

#6 mrgrin

mrgrin

• Nissan NV Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • Current Vehicle:25013 NV2500

Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:52 AM

Hey everyone. I have a question that I am hoping you guys can help me out with.

2013 NV2500 with factory hitch and wiring for 7 way. I have installed the brake controller with the plug and play connector. All of that is working as it should. My problem is that I do not have the 12 volt at the 7 way. I am sure that there is a fuse or a connection to make to enable the 12 volt lead on the 7 way.

In my Chevy 2500, I have to make a connection at the fuse panel under the hood. I cannot find anything like that on the NV.

I pull 2 trailers and both have the battery backup for the trailer brakes and interior lights that run on the 12 volt. So now that I have this van, I have no charging for the trailer battery or any interior lights until I find a way to simply make the connection.

Thanks in advance for any help that you may be able to offer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users