Sign in to follow this  
RICK

Nissan Commercial Not returning calls

Has anyone had luck reaching Nissan commercial recently?

I called their number (877-647-6281) last Wednesday with a recording saying to leave my info and my call will be returned the next business day. Nothing on Thursday. I called Friday just to get a recording saying the mail box is full. Tried again this morning, Monday with the same results, mailbox is full.

The same number option 1 works for roadside assistance, and an operator does pick up. They have no idea what's going on.

Are they no longer taking calls from their customers?

Rick.

Doesnt that just give you the warm and fuzzies since you paid so much for a brand new vehicle and can get zero after purchase support from the manufacturer?  

I am going through something a little similar right now with Macy's corporate.  Bought a very expensive sectional couch and it keeps getting "delayed" or "damaged" on delivery day.  Corp keeps giving us the run around and now wont return calls.

I'd be pretty ticked if a major manufacturer like Nissan cant control their voicemail system or call customers back.  Are they A) that inept at customer service, B) have that many people calling in that they cant keep up or C) both of those!  Either option isnt a good one.  Hope you hear from them.

They are most likely using a call center with limited hours for non-roadside service. I was able to leave a message on Tuesday, but got no call back. When I called again and spoke with a real person last Thursday, we talked about our respective weather, of course, and he indicated he was in central TN, not Chattanooga, where Nissan's main office is.

The non-commercial number works fine, but can't help NV owners. Different call center?

Edited by radin2son

Well, I must have stirred the pot. After calling my dealer this morning, I attemped 1 more call this afternoon and actually got ahold of a cs rep. They already knew that their system was full as it was reported to them this morning.

After speaking to the rep and taking all my info, he issued me a reference number.

Then this afternoon, my salesman returned my call and will speak to the service manager about my still unrepaired items.

Funny when I get home and I check my email to find out that corporate sent me an email stating they tried to contact me. Even more amazing it was 2 minutes after I hung up with them.

Honestly, I don't think they know if they're coming or going. Sounds about the same experiance with the dealer.

Rick.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it but there was a very large Nissan gathering Thursday and Friday last week.  I know my contacts were very busy and hard to get in touch with too.

Nissan Commercial cs got back to me today as promised and will pay for the repairs.

Interestingly, I was told I could call back the cs rep's direct line for any future problems. I suppose we could keep each other updated on the weather.

Incredible! Just got off the phone with "Nissan" commercial customer service (yes, a call center) and was told I have a new customer service rep. The new one wanted to start the process as if the previous cs rep had done nothing. He was totally unaware that repair reimbursement had been approved. I had to tell him this. He pulled up my record and verified the previous cs rep had told me Nissan approved repair reimbursement, but there was no record Nissan approved it in the file. He will get back to me on Wednesday. Told him I wanted a email now, not next Wednesday, to reflect what the previous cs rep did and said and why the new one is duplicating what already has been approved. Told him I consider this matter done and that a check will be cut regardless of what he tells me next Wednesday.

What a way to run a business!

Looked at the email. Worthless. Basically says the new rep attempted to contact me and needs good contact info. If nothing else, I could reply, did and started the paper trail.

Now that I have calmed down... Not really, just getting started. Rep #1 on 6/2 told me that the reimbursement process would be submitted on Friday, 6/5. If anything, rep #2 only needed to confirm my mailing address, not review the process. My take is that he was aware of the $ approval and is the backstop. Stop payments on behalf of Nissan and get a % back for the call center? Too diabolical?

Edited by radin2son

see post #4. got the same email saying they have tried to contact me literally seconds after i got off the phone with them after 4 business days trying to reach them.  all smoke and mirrors and i emailed them back with the facts, of course i'm still waiting to hear back from them or the dealer since 6/1. 

Rick.

I think this is the last place I ranted about Nissan's Commercial Consumer Affairs. They again agreed to reimburse me, but the overall process is severely lacking.

Today, they called and left a message for me to call back. No other info. Called back several times, busy. Sent email requesting call back and written verification of Nissan's response. Got call back, but email verification not possible.

Nissan's (non-commercial) Consumer Affairs appears to be the same call center, but they have longer hours, a web site where you can write your issue and they do call back. I used them in the past not knowing there was commercial unit.

it's been 2 weeks since i tried contacting them and left a message that they never returned. finally i got a hold of them 3 business days later after several attempts to reach them. after discussing my concerns and issues i'm waiting on, they have not called me back now going on 10 days. so today i got the same run around with leaving a message and they will call back the next business day. we'll see if they actually follow up on my message tomorrow, 

The selling dealer was suppose to follow up with me too, still holding my breath.

between the nav unit, bluetooth, seat belt that doesn't latch properly and the passenger side warning light stays lit most of the day and last but certainly not the least is the lousy gas mileage. filled up today and 179 miles using 24.59 gallons that averages a mere 7.28 mpg.

i have yet to break 200 miles on a tank of gas. you guys with 30'  travel trailers loaded to 8000# are  getting 2x the mileage i get with no trailer in tow,  the dealer said they never heard of such poor mileage and was going to check into it. along with upgrading to a current nav sd card and making the bluetooth actually work properly. 

2702 miles on the van and it's been a very costly experience so far. 

Am i the only 1 with this lousy mileage? 

Rick.

Edited by RICK

Another day, another call not returned as promised on their voice mail. Does Nissan not care about customer service anymore? Why even bother having a Customer service number when all it does is make one more frustrated by not answering or returning calls. Tomorrow i will try again and see what that gets me. 

Is Nissan looking to buy back my van since they don't bother following up on any calls? 

Rick.

it's been 2 weeks since i tried contacting them and left a message that they never returned. finally i got a hold of them 3 business days later after several attempts to reach them. after discussing my concerns and issues i'm waiting on, they have not called me back now going on 10 days. so today i got the same run around with leaving a message and they will call back the next business day. we'll see if they actually follow up on my message tomorrow, 

The selling dealer was suppose to follow up with me too, still holding my breath.

between the nav unit, bluetooth, seat belt that doesn't latch properly and the passenger side warning light stays lit most of the day and last but certainly not the least is the lousy gas mileage. filled up today and 179 miles using 24.59 gallons that averages a mere 7.28 mpg.

i have yet to break 200 miles on a tank of gas. you guys with 30'  travel trailers loaded to 8000# are  getting 2x the mileage i get with no trailer in tow,  the dealer said they never heard of such poor mileage and was going to check into it. along with upgrading to a current nav sd card and making the bluetooth actually work properly. 

2702 miles on the van and it's been a very costly experience so far. 

Am i the only 1 with this lousy mileage? 

Rick.

I STOMP on my throttle to and from work in 12 miles of stop and go highway traffic (half stopped, half at 60 mph), and I have never seen less than 11MPG.  I average 12.1 over the 7500 miles I've had mine.  I get over 10 hauling my 5000# boat.  Either you have a hole in your fuel tank, or maybe the MAF is off.  I'd think though that you would be getting check engine lights from your O2 sensor if your MAF was off... IDK.  Do you do a lot of idling for work?  

very little idling, unless you count red lights and stop signs.

i honestly was thinking someone was siphoning gas, but the numbers are pretty much the same lousy numbers for 6 months.

i also drive very conservative as this is my work truck, i can't risk having it out of commission. the same reason why i bought it as my 6 year old sprinter with 37,000 miles was acting up,  

my sprinter was much heavier and still got more than 2x the mileage.

still waiting for a return call from corporate or the dealer. 

Rick.

Tried calling again just now. 877-647-6281 x2

Either their phone lines are all screwed up or nissan commercial is now infinity consumer affairs.

They are closed today due to an offsite meeting and will open tomorrow/ saturday june 13 at 7 am cst.

Are we no longer part of nissan commercial? This has been a run around for weeks now.

Rick.

Rick, you received an email, the same worthless one I did, so email them. If you have a case number and rep's name even better. They will not respond with an email, but it will not be returned as undeliverable.

see post #4. got the same email saying they have tried to contact me literally seconds after i got off the phone with them after 4 business days trying to reach them.  all smoke and mirrors and i emailed them back with the facts, of course i'm still waiting to hear back from them or the dealer since 6/1. 

Rick.

See post #8. Yes I got the same joke of an email syaing they tried to contact me. Of couse my initial call has yet to be returned from either the dealer or the commercial customer service.

I spoke to nissan corporate today which is also a call center. They are supposed to escalate this and I'm suppose to hear back from them tomorrow/ saturday or monday the latest.

Well at least I have it documented and im not the only one getting the run around.

Rick.

No call back on Saturday or today/ Monday. So much for Nissan corporate escalating the call. 

No more excuses that they're out of town on a company meeting. This is a call center that can't even get their phones working correctly. One day it accepts messages, another day can't leave messages, another day it's Infinity. sounds like when i'm using my bluetooth voice dialer.  you never know who you'll get when you dial by voice. 

Might have better luck calling from a blocked number. You never know if they screen their calls or are just that screwed up. 

Rick

RICK, if you saved the email the call center sent you, hit return, say what you have say and send. If CA has a consumer protection service, file a complaint with them and include a copy of the email. Not a quick process by any means...

x

Edited by Jerry

I agree with Jerry, but still file a complaint.

Just out of curiosity, when you fill your tank, how many gallons do you typically put in to fill up. The 2012 models give range and mpg. When we fill up, it will show a range of 400+ miles. This works out to 14+ mpg for the fill up. Real mpg is based on real driving, so it can be more (17+ mpg) or less (12+ mpg towing), but should not be what you average.

If Nissan is unable to provide you with a monitor for fuel use, get one and record the data to show Nissan. In the end, if CA has a lemon law, you may get your $40k check plus the cost of the scan device. I think Nissan will fix it if you can document your fuel use.

I'm not sure what your other vehicle issues...

Edited by radin2son

When I fillup with 24-25 gallons, the range shows approx 210 miles. Yet ive never broken 200.

This morning I tried Nissan corporate again and after they tried to get a hold of someone in the commercial department for more than 60 minutes, I gave up and let them handle it. Sure enough about 10 minutes after hanging up with corporate, the commercial rep called me. Spoke for a short period as I was already real late to my first project. Now I have his name and direct contact number.

We spoke again this afternoon when I had some free time. He documented my issues and will call me back after he speaks to the dealership within 48 hours. Of course he has never driven a NV Before. So he's not very familiar with the workings of the van.

Rick.

x

Edited by Jerry

RICK, I don't get it. Why would the displayed range only read 210 miles after fill up? It should read the same as mine, same engine, same gearing etc. Are you driving 200 miles and the range says 10 miles remaining? What does your gauge show? Could it be that all the electronics are off?

Then again, if you are putting in 25 gallons after driving what you know is 200 miles. What does you tach tell you? Could it not be up-shifting correctly?

Hope to are able to get an answer and fix.

Edited by radin2son

Jerry, do you have the v8 or the 6 ?  

Is this is a low top cargo?  

What weight is it carrying full time?

Is the 12.7-13.5 on the highway or surface streets?

Were you worried about the oil change at such low mileage?

Very interesting data. 

Thanks for your input. I'll see what they have to say in 2 days.

Rick.

RICK, I don't get it. Why would the displayed range only read 210 miles after fill up? It should read the same as mine, same engine, same gearing etc. Are you driving 200 miles and the range says 10 miles remaining? What does your gauge show? Could it be that all the electronics are off?

Then again, if you are putting in 25 gallons after driving what you know is 200 miles. What does you tach tell you? Could it not be up-shifting correctly?

Hope to are able to get an answer and fix.

I believe the range after fillups are based on your past overall averages.

i track my mileage and take a photo of the receipt to go with the cc charge.  i also have a scanguage ll and it lets me know roughly my average mpg while the engine is running, once stopped it resets for the next leg of the day. i have it set to show even my fuel flow in gph. present mpg and average mpg. even the lod on the engine. can't seem to get why the mileage is so poor. ive tried shifting too to keep the rpm in the 2000-2200 range. try to watch the lod and average mpg on the scanguage to get better numbers. but nothing is really making a difference. 

Thanks for your insight.  will see what they say in 2 days. 

Rick.

Edited by RICK