Sign in to follow this  
RICK

Nissan Commercial Not returning calls

With all that data, looks like the fix could result in some downtime for your NV if the dealer agrees to find and fix the problem. Any possibility of taking another NV 3500 high top on the same route before hand? I would definitely push them for a loaner/rental. Who knows, you might end up with a Transit or ProRam.

Edited by Jerry

Edited by Jerry

Rick,

Hate to pile on your troubles but all that fuel is going somewhere and if your Air/Fuel ratio is rich you can be fouling spark plugs and spoiling the catalytic converter so once the fuel problem is fixed you may have problems from those down the line.

You may be able to get your A/F ratio measured with a tailpipe sniffer at a dyno if you have one local to you.

I'm no expert, but I think a rich condition can be that an engine temperature sensor may be off (I think a cold engine runs rich to light off the cat, if that cycle is not ending your mpg will suffer).  I use the Torque Pro App with a bluetooth OBD-II reader and it can log data like the status of the emissions, don't know if the tool you are using will tell you the status. If you are not getting to complete cycles it may be another (free) indicator that your ECU is still in warmup mode.

There is a method to reset the 5.6L ECU that I found on a Titan forum that doesn't require any tools- http://www.clubtitan.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3481 (I used the "easy method") and it worked for me (to clear codes, I wasn't trying to reset the mapping)

Decades. thanks for the link to the titan forum. i read through all 9 pages of comments and they looked very positive for those users. problem is the fix dates back to 2005 and i doubt that 9 years later it will still apply to our NV'S. 

Fyi, filled up yesterday 157 miles / 22.22 gal.= 7.07 mpg. 2859 miles 87 octane here is $3.60  $80.00 to travel 157 miles isn't good. that's .51 per mile just in fuel. 

spoke to Jerome yesterday and he is going to call another dealer to have them look into all the issues. 

Rick

Way to go Jerome!

Business users rarely participate in this forum, but are there any owners you know or on this forum in SoCal that can recommend a dealer with a good NV service dept.

Good luck with the dealer Jerome finds. It will be interesting if he has any clout with western region dealers. Having his direct line helps bypass their terrible system.

Not so quick with Jerome to the rescue. Today at 4:18 pst i got  call from Vic. the new cs rep from Nissan commercial. Apparently they've been promoting their other cs reps to other positions. so in the few weeks since i started this thread, we've lost Chase and Jerome, and as starting again with Vic. He's going to call the new dealer and see if they will get to the bottom of my issues. Vic did say that the dealers are independently owned and some are not as willing to get things done. 

Stay tuned. expecting a call tomorrow. 

Rick. 

No need to keep these guys in "contacts." What is they say about incompetence being the best way to get promoted.

Good luck with Vic.

I have to believe something is running very rich with your van to get that bad of mileage.  Anyway you can pull a spark plug to check it since you're hanging around waiting?  Would the dealer do any diagnostics prior to hearing from Nissan Commercial?  I can see running around in city traffic being bad but not worse than pulling a 7000# trailer in 3rd gear floored!!  

Vic called again at exactly the same time 4:18 like clock work. Nothing to say other than the person he needs to contact at the new dealer was not in again today.

Stayed tuned, if he calls tomorrow at 4:18 I'll be impressed he's thinking of me.

Rick.

Vic didn't call today, but he did say yesterday that he might need another day to get a hold of the new dealer and make contact with the service manager who's been out. 

so no news, might still be good news. 

Rick

Vic called me today as he had promised. Problem is no news. He hasn't been able to get a hold of the service manager at the new dealership. In his words, the service manager is harder to get ahold of than the president.

Asked Vic to try and contact the original dealer where I purchased the van from.

Lets see what friday has in store.

Rick.

Edited by RICK

x

Edited by Jerry

Rick, most, probably all, dealerships have photos, job titles, phone and email addresses for all staff on their web site. I would send an email to the general manager and cc to the service manager you have dealt with. Same for the new dealership if Vic has disclosed this. I did this when I had the problem with the TPMS and psi screw up when the tires were rotated. Finding the owner can be a problem even when their name is emblazoned on the dealership and is the face on ads. If the owner has an ego, what type of question is that, look for Twitter and Facebook accounts and send him a "howdy." I did this, never got a reply, but the wheels started rolling and it was resolved.

What still gets me is that your vehicle is under warranty and it should cost the dealer, any dealer not just the selling dealer, nothing to solve this. It also baffles me that we have no way to contact Nissan Corp. Vic appears to be ready to be promoted...

I just got a reminder email from Nissan that time's a wastin to get my 2015 Nav card. Am I the only one getting these? Still see no reason to order one.

Edited by radin2son

You have a 2012 and probably a 2010 card that came with it. I have a 2014 with a 2012 card. But they are probably under the impression my 2014 has a current card, so to answer your question, no emails about a new card. But according to the nav website, only the passenger version has a software upgrade. Not the cargo version.

What the heck is different between the 2 systems?

Im not planning on buying a new card for a new van. I plan on them furnishing a new card for a new van.

Nissan doesn't even handle the nav sd cards. Its a middle man distribution center.

Rick.

Edited by RICK

Rick - 

What does your dealer say?  radinson is correct that it is under warranty and any dealer should be able to service it for free.  What does the dealers service manager say?  Are they are a large, prominent dealer in the area?  If the dealer is stonewalling you is there another dealer who is willing to look at it?  I dont get why nobody is willing to try and diagnose your van out there.  When I originally had problems with my local dealer I contacted a larger dealer who unfortunately was over 2 hours away but he was more than happy to step in and take a look at things to get the ball rolling.  

My original dealer spent 3 hours and at the end of the day they put air in the tires and still managed to lose the valve stem cap. Of course the items I brought it in for, they didn't fix. They claim they needed to order a new drivers seat belt. New door lock actuator. the sd card in the parts dept was a 2012 card delivered in 2015.

When the Nissan cs rep called the service manager, he told them my mpg was because of the vans weight. Yet he has never seen my van and has no knowledge of what others are getting. On my bluetooth issues, he says its my phone, but has no idea what phone I have. Even nissans own website was last updated in 2012 for its bluetooth compatibility chart. Phone models change weekly and for nissan to be 3 years behind is not right.

So the nissan cs rep is trying to contact another local dealer with no success. Both dealers have 20-30 nv's in stock, so they are both large operations. Spoke to my original salesman for assitance and he finally returned my call saying he was going to check into it. That was weeks ago and haven't heard back from him. Although he did tell me on a prior call several weeks after my purchase that the nav system/ bluetooth was not good and he was going to see about upgrading it. He spent 30 minutes in a nv and was just as frustrated with it as me. He uses his siri voice commands and not the bluetooth buttons.

Rick.

If your dealer is stonewalling you or incompetent and the new dealer wont work with you I'd start contacting any consumer advocate sites, trade publications, auto blogs, etc.  You have a commercial van, right?  You can always put a nice vinyl wrap on it with a big lemon and the dealerships name or maybe your issues along with Nissan's Corp Number.  You're out and about all over the city, I am sure it will get attention.  I dont know if your company's info is already wrapped on the van so that could be an issue...

We had problems on one of our old campers.  Dealer actually caused the problem but were denying everything.  Manufacturer didnt want to help even though it was brand new (and their defect caused the issue in the first place).  I started posting on their FB page, Twitter and all the RV forums I could find.  I then sent another email to the company with links to all said posts and the "lovely" reaction they were getting.  Two days later I got a call from corp telling me to send to another dealer to have things fixed right for free.

Does CA have an effective Lemon Law?  Keep taking it back for the same problem and have it documented and ask for paperwork each time.  Call the states AG or BBB against the dealership.  Have any local news stations that do the consumer advocate pieces?

EDIT - found the Lemon Law - http://www.dca.ca.gov/acp/pdf_files/englemn.pdf

Point is, start making some serious noise and somebody should listen.  It's not "right" but you have an expensive vehicle that isnt working and cant get resolution through normal channels.

Edited by ASD Dad

No call from Vic today. In another week there will be real fireworks if they have no resolution.

I started this thread 26 days ago and all I've gotten is a call from the 3rd customer service rep. The first 2 have moved on or up. But these issues have been going on since the first of the year.

Rick

As ASD Dad said above , Document everything you can and go for the lemon law . It will get fixed or replaced :) .

Years ago I was the shop Foreman at one of the largest Toyota Service Departments in so.cal. (we were the #1 ranked service department in the country for a few years . ) Long story short , I bought my then wife a 4cyl. Tacoma when they were first released and had nothing but problems with it from day one . Everything from valve train issues to excessive fuel and oil consumption  , and a bizarre harmonic vibration through the chassis , to the interior just flat coming un-stitched and plastic pieces just not fitting and falling off . Truck was worked on extensively by me and my team and our local tech rep . Every time we fixed one issue , something else would fail . I used the law , documented everything and the courts got Toyota to replace the truck , not a single issue with the second truck in the time I owned it .

The first truck ended up at Toyota's tech school in socal and got completely torndown , One of my buddies was and still is a instructor there and just about wrote a book as to what was wrong with the way that truck had been assembled, everything from bad welds and valve guides to malformed brackets and missing/untorqued fastners . And we had only put just over 1100 miles on the truck .

Be patient and persistent you can get satisfaction , and Toyota had no ill will against me for the incident , as I went on to instruct for them in Irvine too . :)      

Axulsuv, I was hoping you would jump in on this cautionary tale.

We haven't used dealer service since the '80s, but with our NV and travel we decided we had to use dealers. So far so good.

Nissan ineptly took care our sensor repair, but I doubt they would have if we hadn't been able to document it was an on going issue.

So forum users, take the time to post good dealer service by name and location. Potential buyers, take the time to research service and buy from the dealer with a good service department.

So Vic called me Today at 4:05. Once again no contact with the dealer he was trying to connect me with. So instead he spoke to a dealer 21 miles away. Considering there are 7 dealers within 17 miles, but he connected to a dealer 21 miles away. Dont know why. The dealer I was shooting for is right off the freeway 9 miles away. Ill try calling them tomorrow. Vic claims he can't get in touch with that service manager.

Vic told me to purchase the newer navigation sd card and they will reinbuse me. I asked him to email me that in writing which he said he can't do. So basically, I need to purchase the card with the hope they will reimburse me like he said. Tomorrow is the last day of the $99.00 sd card sale. Still can't get a real answer on why the cargo sd card is different than the passenger sd card. Are they totally different navigation systems in the vans?

How is it that Nissan customer service can't even contact one of their dealers for the last week or more?

Amazing they are still in business with all these hoops im jumping through.

Over 1 month and basically still in the same predicament.

Rick.

You have seven NV dealers in 17 miles?! I have zero! I have one about 35-40 miles away where I bought mine. Takes about an hour to get there. Second choice is about 2-1/2 hours away!

I have a Nissan dealer about 20 miles away but they don't do NV anything. Haven't tried servicing there but they told me to go to the other guy when I was shopping and said I'd most likely be stuck there for all service.

Actually the distance is based on nissans site if i was flying a helicopter. in reality the actual distance is 14 miles not 9 miles and 27 miles not the 21 nissan shows. they can't even figure out a proper map on their website. shows 7 nv dealers within 20 miles and 16 within 50 miles.Yet Vic can't make contact with a local dealer?

Depending on the time of day/ traffic, a 27 mile trip can easily take 1 hour each way. problem is they need to look at the same stuff before they can even order the defective seat belt. so it  will be another wasted 5 hours plus gas plus lost wages. the original dealer already has my required seat belt in stock now. 

not sure why they refuse to stock parts when they show over 30 nv's in stock at my dealer with only 1,  2015 and the rest 2014. i guess with all these dealers in the area, they can't give them away even with a $2,000 incentive from nissan. 

Rick

Edited by RICK

RICK, order the card and get it off your list. I didn't get email verification either, but you have enough phone records to make a case if you have to file a "disputed payment" with your credit card issuer. Nissan will reimburse you...