Sign in to follow this  
RICK

Nissan Commercial Not returning calls

I got ahold of the local dealer service manager pretty easy this morning. I called at 7:57 am and was transferred to their voice mail box. At 8:32 am the service manager Brandi called me back. They need to look at the van before they can even order the seat belt. The gps and bluetooth is something they will look into. And will connect the computer to see why the mileage is so poor.

I went online today to order the nav sd card, but have not gotten a promised email from Vic about reimbursement yet.

Rick.

I received a survey questionnaire from Nissan Consumer Affairs based on my "question or concern." It is car based, of course, so many survey questions do not relate to commercial use. The car based side of consumer affairs actually is quite good. Unfortunately, you will be transferred to the commercial site once they realize you own an NV. Actually, they will attempt to transfer you... No one or the message machine will pick up on the other end.

RICK, you will in 50 words or less be able express yourself...

The new Nissan Navigation card arrived today. Will install it tomorrow and see if it does any software upgrades.

I emailed my receipt on the 30th and have not heard back from him. He did say that I will get reimbursed, but has not bothered confirming my email.

It's like pulling teeth to get them to follow up.

Rick

They won't email you, but may call if you asked for phone confirmation. It will take 2 weeks to the day to get your check.

Curious about what you think of the 2015 card and how it compares with your 2012 card. Ours is a 2011 version... Maybe next year.

Any progress getting your NV in for diagnostics?

Vic did call me this morning and confirmed he got the email. Said the check is being processed for the sd card refund. Waiting for me to take the van in to the dealer to have them sort out my other issues.

Rick.

The check from Nissan showed up in todays mail. That's the good news.

The bad news is the 2015 sd card is actually written on 2/21/14. So its actually more than 16 months old.

Did nothing for the navigation and bluetooth phone flaws.

Might just show me were all the new fast food joints popped up since my 5/14 /2012 original card.

Rick

Wonder how much a OEM NVP 2015 radio/nav would set you back or if you can get them to swap it out.  Mine definitely works better than yours which makes me think they are different part numbers.  Doesnt make a lot of sense for Nissan, if you paid for the Tech Pkg then you would think they would keep SKU's the same for the radio.  If it wasnt such a huge pain to get the radio out I would yank mine to tell you the info but they should have it in their system!

Rick,

Do what I did.

Call CS,tell them you bought the van for commercial purposes and that the nav unit doesn't show commercial routes which you absolutley must have or you will be violating the traffic laws.It is a commercial vehicle and should have come equipped with commercial GPS. Most especially at the price you paid for the technology package.

Nissan is WELL aware of the flaws in the nav units and authorization was given to them to reimburse customers $500 towards a new nav unit as well as re-imburse for upgrade cards in the name of good customer relations.

You just have to get escalated to the next in chain above the initial CS rep and plead your case.Tell the rep your not satisfied with their answer and you want to speak to a supervisor.

That's what they did for me.I used the money towards the top of the line Pioneer Nav/Blue tooth unit.

Thanks Nv Envy for that solution.

Can you tell me what model pioneer unit you went with? Does it integrate with the steering wheel controls?

does the bluetooth have a seperate mic that doesn't make me sound like im in a tin can?

Does it show caller id with the name of people entered on my phone book.

Can you navigate and be on the phone at the same time?

Self install or shop install? Whats the cost of the unit and needed accessories if you post it or message me.

Thanks for your help.

Rick.

This thread is over a year old. Anyone have more recent contact and have they improved the process?

For those not familiar with this, NV owners must contact commercial customer service if any issues arise.

I wish there was a way to talk to the factory!  I have an issue posted on the Manual Shift thread, but Nissan Consumer Affairs is a joke!  They go back to the dealer you have issues with to have them fix their issues, and since they are all independently owned, they ignore what Nissan says.  Long story short, Nissan Consumer affairs still sucks and will not try to make the customer happy.

It is what it is as they say and has not changed for the better. Stick with it and make sure there are no catastrophic issues with your NV.

At this point, you seem to want 2 things: oem rims and tires and for them to take your van back. They may go with the first but you are not likely to get very far with the second...

If you get nowhere, contact Utah Consumer Protection if there is one.

One thing you may want to try. Tim Dahle, the owner, probably has an ego and is all over social media. Find him and let him know what is going on. Neither the general or service managers will have conveyed your displeasure.

To think, it was not long ago that we had to do this with ink and stamps... progress.

Daniel,

We each have different experiences and I guess that helps the world go around. Sorry that yours have been mainly negative.

When I was working thru my manual shift mode issue, I had nothing but positive experiences all the way around.

The dealership (North Point Nissan) directed me to Nissan Commercial Affairs. NCA was always courteous and patient. The agent seemed to take a "let's see what the dealership can do" approach. The agent always called me back when promised/ as promised.

The dealership at one point provided me with a loaner car for nearly a week. The dealership brought in a regional tech at another point in the process.

Everyone I dealt with was just plain nice to talk to - and they stuck with it until we finally had an answer.

So, just saying, we can't paint things with too broad a brush - negative or positive. Experiences vary.

Best of luck with your problem.

Wollip, I agree with you that Nissan Consumer Affairs can do the job, but they are inconsistent. I had such an experience that ended well.

I also agree you need to find the right service department no matter how far away or get to know the service manager. There is no reason or obligation to use the dealership that sold the NV. This is the main reason I wouldn't buy the lifetime maintenance from a dealer when it can only be used at that dealer. Same for the rewards program that is dealer specific.

Daniel appears to have what he needs to get this resolved, short of a new van. Maybe he will get the powertrain warranty extended.

This is off topic, but I wondered why a dealer doubled the powertrain warranty to get a sale as someone posted. Most of us will be into another vehicle long before that.