Welcome to the Nissan NV Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Nissan NV Forum. You must register to create topics and post replies, however, registration is a free and simple process that requires minimal information for you to signup.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members. . .and more.
Click here to create an account now.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Nissan Commercial Not returning calls

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#41 ASD Dad

ASD Dad

• Moderators
  • 847 posts
  • Region:U.S., South Atlantic
  • LocationUpstate, SC
  • Model Year:2015
  • My NV:NV Passenger
  • Current Vehicle:NVP 3500 SL

Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:44 AM

Rick - 

What does your dealer say?  radinson is correct that it is under warranty and any dealer should be able to service it for free.  What does the dealers service manager say?  Are they are a large, prominent dealer in the area?  If the dealer is stonewalling you is there another dealer who is willing to look at it?  I dont get why nobody is willing to try and diagnose your van out there.  When I originally had problems with my local dealer I contacted a larger dealer who unfortunately was over 2 hours away but he was more than happy to step in and take a look at things to get the ball rolling.  

2015 NVP SL - Silver, 20% tint, Bully Dog GT, AEM filter w/ snorkel mod, Topper Rack, Luverne Grip Step running boards, Hankook AT-M tires. DRL delete, LED's
2015 XLR Hyperlite 27HFS Toy Hauler
Blue Ox Sway Pro with Tekonsha P3 controller
Me, wife, 3 kids and 2 big dogs!

#42 RICK

RICK

• Nissan NV Member
  • Pip
  • 164 posts
  • Region:U.S., Pacific Coast
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Current Vehicle:NV 3500 HD SV High Roof

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:14 AM

My original dealer spent 3 hours and at the end of the day they put air in the tires and still managed to lose the valve stem cap. Of course the items I brought it in for, they didn't fix. They claim they needed to order a new drivers seat belt. New door lock actuator. the sd card in the parts dept was a 2012 card delivered in 2015.

When the Nissan cs rep called the service manager, he told them my mpg was because of the vans weight. Yet he has never seen my van and has no knowledge of what others are getting. On my bluetooth issues, he says its my phone, but has no idea what phone I have. Even nissans own website was last updated in 2012 for its bluetooth compatibility chart. Phone models change weekly and for nissan to be 3 years behind is not right.

So the nissan cs rep is trying to contact another local dealer with no success. Both dealers have 20-30 nv's in stock, so they are both large operations. Spoke to my original salesman for assitance and he finally returned my call saying he was going to check into it. That was weeks ago and haven't heard back from him. Although he did tell me on a prior call several weeks after my purchase that the nav system/ bluetooth was not good and he was going to see about upgrading it. He spent 30 minutes in a nv and was just as frustrated with it as me. He uses his siri voice commands and not the bluetooth buttons.

Rick.

#43 ASD Dad

ASD Dad

• Moderators
  • 847 posts
  • LocationUpstate, SC

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:57 AM

If your dealer is stonewalling you or incompetent and the new dealer wont work with you I'd start contacting any consumer advocate sites, trade publications, auto blogs, etc.  You have a commercial van, right?  You can always put a nice vinyl wrap on it with a big lemon and the dealerships name or maybe your issues along with Nissan's Corp Number.  You're out and about all over the city, I am sure it will get attention.  I dont know if your company's info is already wrapped on the van so that could be an issue...

We had problems on one of our old campers.  Dealer actually caused the problem but were denying everything.  Manufacturer didnt want to help even though it was brand new (and their defect caused the issue in the first place).  I started posting on their FB page, Twitter and all the RV forums I could find.  I then sent another email to the company with links to all said posts and the "lovely" reaction they were getting.  Two days later I got a call from corp telling me to send to another dealer to have things fixed right for free.

Does CA have an effective Lemon Law?  Keep taking it back for the same problem and have it documented and ask for paperwork each time.  Call the states AG or BBB against the dealership.  Have any local news stations that do the consumer advocate pieces?

EDIT - found the Lemon Law - http://www.dca.ca.go...les/englemn.pdf

Point is, start making some serious noise and somebody should listen.  It's not "right" but you have an expensive vehicle that isnt working and cant get resolution through normal channels.

Edited by ASD Dad, 26 June 2015 - 09:00 AM.

• RICK likes this

2015 NVP SL - Silver, 20% tint, Bully Dog GT, AEM filter w/ snorkel mod, Topper Rack, Luverne Grip Step running boards, Hankook AT-M tires. DRL delete, LED's

#44 RICK

RICK

• Nissan NV Member
  • Pip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:24 PM

No call from Vic today. In another week there will be real fireworks if they have no resolution.

I started this thread 26 days ago and all I've gotten is a call from the 3rd customer service rep. The first 2 have moved on or up. But these issues have been going on since the first of the year.

Rick

#45 axulsuv

axulsuv

• Nissan NV Member
  • Pip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationSC
  • Current Vehicle:2012 NV1500s Low roof

Posted 27 June 2015 - 08:30 AM

As ASD Dad said above , Document everything you can and go for the lemon law . It will get fixed or replaced :) .

Years ago I was the shop Foreman at one of the largest Toyota Service Departments in so.cal. (we were the #1 ranked service department in the country for a few years . ) Long story short , I bought my then wife a 4cyl. Tacoma when they were first released and had nothing but problems with it from day one . Everything from valve train issues to excessive fuel and oil consumption  , and a bizarre harmonic vibration through the chassis , to the interior just flat coming un-stitched and plastic pieces just not fitting and falling off . Truck was worked on extensively by me and my team and our local tech rep . Every time we fixed one issue , something else would fail . I used the law , documented everything and the courts got Toyota to replace the truck , not a single issue with the second truck in the time I owned it .

The first truck ended up at Toyota's tech school in socal and got completely torndown , One of my buddies was and still is a instructor there and just about wrote a book as to what was wrong with the way that truck had been assembled, everything from bad welds and valve guides to malformed brackets and missing/untorqued fastners . And we had only put just over 1100 miles on the truck .

Be patient and persistent you can get satisfaction , and Toyota had no ill will against me for the incident , as I went on to instruct for them in Irvine too . :)      

• RICK likes this

#46 radin2son

radin2son

• Nissan NV Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,215 posts
  • Region:U.S., Mountain
  • LocationTucson AZ
  • Model Year:2012
  • My NV:NV2500 HD Cargo Standard Roof
  • Current Vehicle:2012 NV 2500 poptop Sportsmobile (SMB) and 2017 VW Tiguan Limited fwd

Posted 27 June 2015 - 10:23 AM

Axulsuv, I was hoping you would jump in on this cautionary tale.

We haven't used dealer service since the '80s, but with our NV and travel we decided we had to use dealers. So far so good.

Nissan ineptly took care our sensor repair, but I doubt they would have if we hadn't been able to document it was an on going issue.

So forum users, take the time to post good dealer service by name and location. Potential buyers, take the time to research service and buy from the dealer with a good service department.

#47 RICK

RICK

• Nissan NV Member
  • Pip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:23 PM

So Vic called me Today at 4:05. Once again no contact with the dealer he was trying to connect me with. So instead he spoke to a dealer 21 miles away. Considering there are 7 dealers within 17 miles, but he connected to a dealer 21 miles away. Dont know why. The dealer I was shooting for is right off the freeway 9 miles away. Ill try calling them tomorrow. Vic claims he can't get in touch with that service manager.

Vic told me to purchase the newer navigation sd card and they will reinbuse me. I asked him to email me that in writing which he said he can't do. So basically, I need to purchase the card with the hope they will reimburse me like he said. Tomorrow is the last day of the $99.00 sd card sale. Still can't get a real answer on why the cargo sd card is different than the passenger sd card. Are they totally different navigation systems in the vans?

How is it that Nissan customer service can't even contact one of their dealers for the last week or more?

Amazing they are still in business with all these hoops im jumping through.
Over 1 month and basically still in the same predicament.

Rick.

#48 ASD Dad

ASD Dad

• Moderators
  • 847 posts
  • LocationUpstate, SC

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:34 PM

You have seven NV dealers in 17 miles?! I have zero! I have one about 35-40 miles away where I bought mine. Takes about an hour to get there. Second choice is about 2-1/2 hours away!

I have a Nissan dealer about 20 miles away but they don't do NV anything. Haven't tried servicing there but they told me to go to the other guy when I was shopping and said I'd most likely be stuck there for all service.

#49 RICK

RICK

• Nissan NV Member
  • Pip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:56 PM

Actually the distance is based on nissans site if i was flying a helicopter. in reality the actual distance is 14 miles not 9 miles and 27 miles not the 21 nissan shows. they can't even figure out a proper map on their website. shows 7 nv dealers within 20 miles and 16 within 50 miles.Yet Vic can't make contact with a local dealer?

Depending on the time of day/ traffic, a 27 mile trip can easily take 1 hour each way. problem is they need to look at the same stuff before they can even order the defective seat belt. so it  will be another wasted 5 hours plus gas plus lost wages. the original dealer already has my required seat belt in stock now. 

not sure why they refuse to stock parts when they show over 30 nv's in stock at my dealer with only 1,  2015 and the rest 2014. i guess with all these dealers in the area, they can't give them away even with a $2,000 incentive from nissan. 

Rick

Edited by RICK, 29 June 2015 - 10:58 PM.

#50 radin2son

radin2son

• Nissan NV Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,215 posts
  • LocationTucson AZ
  • Current Vehicle:2012 NV 2500 poptop Sportsmobile (SMB) and 2017 VW Tiguan Limited fwd

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:54 AM

RICK, order the card and get it off your list. I didn't get email verification either, but you have enough phone records to make a case if you have to file a "disputed payment" with your credit card issuer. Nissan will reimburse you...

#51 RICK

RICK

• Nissan NV Member
  • Pip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:01 PM

I got ahold of the local dealer service manager pretty easy this morning. I called at 7:57 am and was transferred to their voice mail box. At 8:32 am the service manager Brandi called me back. They need to look at the van before they can even order the seat belt. The gps and bluetooth is something they will look into. And will connect the computer to see why the mileage is so poor.

I went online today to order the nav sd card, but have not gotten a promised email from Vic about reimbursement yet.

Rick.

#52 radin2son

radin2son

• Nissan NV Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,215 posts
  • LocationTucson AZ

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:07 PM

I received a survey questionnaire from Nissan Consumer Affairs based on my "question or concern." It is car based, of course, so many survey questions do not relate to commercial use. The car based side of consumer affairs actually is quite good. Unfortunately, you will be transferred to the commercial site once they realize you own an NV. Actually, they will attempt to transfer you... No one or the message machine will pick up on the other end.

RICK, you will in 50 words or less be able express yourself...

#53 RICK

RICK

• Nissan NV Member
  • Pip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 07 July 2015 - 10:09 PM

The new Nissan Navigation card arrived today. Will install it tomorrow and see if it does any software upgrades.
I emailed my receipt on the 30th and have not heard back from him. He did say that I will get reimbursed, but has not bothered confirming my email.

It's like pulling teeth to get them to follow up.

Rick

#54 radin2son

radin2son

• Nissan NV Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,215 posts
  • LocationTucson AZ

Posted 07 July 2015 - 10:22 PM

They won't email you, but may call if you asked for phone confirmation. It will take 2 weeks to the day to get your check.

Curious about what you think of the 2015 card and how it compares with your 2012 card. Ours is a 2011 version... Maybe next year.

Any progress getting your NV in for diagnostics?

#55 RICK

RICK

• Nissan NV Member
  • Pip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 09 July 2015 - 12:28 AM

Vic did call me this morning and confirmed he got the email. Said the check is being processed for the sd card refund. Waiting for me to take the van in to the dealer to have them sort out my other issues.

Rick.

#56 RICK

RICK

• Nissan NV Member
  • Pip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 13 July 2015 - 09:07 PM

The check from Nissan showed up in todays mail. That's the good news.

The bad news is the 2015 sd card is actually written on 2/21/14. So its actually more than 16 months old.

Did nothing for the navigation and bluetooth phone flaws.

Might just show me were all the new fast food joints popped up since my 5/14 /2012 original card.

Rick

#57 ASD Dad

ASD Dad

• Moderators
  • 847 posts
  • LocationUpstate, SC

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:07 PM

Wonder how much a OEM NVP 2015 radio/nav would set you back or if you can get them to swap it out.  Mine definitely works better than yours which makes me think they are different part numbers.  Doesnt make a lot of sense for Nissan, if you paid for the Tech Pkg then you would think they would keep SKU's the same for the radio.  If it wasnt such a huge pain to get the radio out I would yank mine to tell you the info but they should have it in their system!

#58 Nv Envy

Nv Envy

• Nissan NV Member
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Region:U.S., Northeast
  • Locationhere
  • Current Vehicle:NV 3500 SL

Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:29 AM

Rick,

Do what I did.

Call CS,tell them you bought the van for commercial purposes and that the nav unit doesn't show commercial routes which you absolutley must have or you will be violating the traffic laws.It is a commercial vehicle and should have come equipped with commercial GPS. Most especially at the price you paid for the technology package.

Nissan is WELL aware of the flaws in the nav units and authorization was given to them to reimburse customers $500 towards a new nav unit as well as re-imburse for upgrade cards in the name of good customer relations.

You just have to get escalated to the next in chain above the initial CS rep and plead your case.Tell the rep your not satisfied with their answer and you want to speak to a supervisor.

That's what they did for me.I used the money towards the top of the line Pioneer Nav/Blue tooth unit.

• RICK likes this

#59 RICK

RICK

• Nissan NV Member
  • Pip
  • 164 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 19 July 2015 - 09:42 AM

Thanks Nv Envy for that solution.

Can you tell me what model pioneer unit you went with? Does it integrate with the steering wheel controls?

does the bluetooth have a seperate mic that doesn't make me sound like im in a tin can?

Does it show caller id with the name of people entered on my phone book.

Can you navigate and be on the phone at the same time?

Self install or shop install? Whats the cost of the unit and needed accessories if you post it or message me.

Thanks for your help.

Rick.

#60 radin2son

radin2son

• Nissan NV Member
  • PipPip
  • 1,215 posts
  • LocationTucson AZ

Posted 25 July 2016 - 04:32 PM

This thread is over a year old. Anyone have more recent contact and have they improved the process?

For those not familiar with this, NV owners must contact commercial customer service if any issues arise.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·