Sign in to follow this  
SilverNV

Stuck in park

Hello, I have a 2014 NV2500 Roadtrek N6 Active that is stuck in park. I did the shift lock release trick and it worked but it did it again. Btw, what the designer was thinking by putting that little cover on top of the steering  column  I have no idea! I checked for recalls and did not see any online. I know there was an issue on earlier models and also an issue with it popping out of gear.maybe i have 2013 parts? The van has less than 5k on it so it should be under warranty I hope but we are quite a way from the dealer. Any idea If i can fix this myself? I heard something about a plate being installed wrong in another thread. Thanks for the help

Could be your key switch, could be the brake switch, could be the shifter.  Unfortunately there is not one thing to point to. Get it in and use your warranty, it's most assuredly something minor.   ;)

Thanks Chris.

Had same problem last week was stop at mail box to drop off mail was stuck in middle of street pulled a little hard on shift handle.And plastic peace fell out and then it worked ok. Took to dealer and shift pin bar came loose dealer said screws came lose and there was no recall for my vin#

Had same problem last week was stop at mail box to drop off mail was stuck in middle of street pulled a little hard on shift handle.And plastic peace fell out and then it worked ok. Took to dealer and shift pin bar came loose dealer said screws came lose and there was no recall for my vin#

Actually, if I had to make a blind guess this would be it (if it is what I'm thinking of)  I've seen this before.

What does this "shift pin bar" look like? Is it primarily cosmetic and can you continue to shift without it?

I ask this because Nissan NV dealers are scarce in many areas.

Yea very hard to find one in Ca. I still can not find one that will service mine or do warranty work for that matter. Emails to Nissan have not been returned.

is about 2 1/2" long with groves on one side and drove van for three days till went in for repair did not see no difference in operation of lever for safety do not know