Daydreamin520

HELP: First Service Appt, before warranty expires

My 2013 SV V6 high roof cargo van is nearing the 36k mark.

I plan to call them to set up a general appointment to give it a look-over. 

(radin2son - I do remember, "ask for Frank")

Would love any advice on what I should have them do.

Details:

I have owned the van since January 2015; purchased from Carmax; shipped from TX to AZ.

Have done no serving of vehicle at all to date.

One problem, early on, stalling, was due to loose battery cable.  Been fine since.

ONLY thing I have noticed that might be covered by warranty is the USB plug-in in the dash.  It does not seem to work, even after trying 3 different cords... phone appears to charge for about 15 seconds then gives message that I am not using the right cord.  Phone charges fine in house with cord, with adapter.

ALSO, seat belts seem slow to retract when I get out of van.  Like have to "help" them sometimes.

So..... what else should I LOOK AT before I take it in, just to be sure to take advantage of any fixes that should be covered by my shorter original warranty??

(seems I remember a rust concern around bolts somewhere... bumpers?)

APPRECIATE!

Edited by Daydreamin520

What service did Nissan do at 30,000 miles? If they didn't drain and change all the fluids per the service manual, have them do this at your next service and again at 60k. I assume service is the same for V6s. Is there a timing belt or chain? Too soon to address this if it is a timing belt.

Are you due for 35k service if you are on a 5k oil change schedule? If you are not there yet, wait to do the walk around then with your list. They will do a general inspection but this usually addresses wear and tear items, wiper blades, tires, brakes etc. that aren't covered by warranty. UNLESS, you have one of those expensive service plans or you are driving an Infinity NV.

If your service is up to date, schedule an appointment to address the 2 problems you have and do the walk around then. They may find other things as well.

Frank can be difficult to reach. The NV service adviser is Jeff Hovelson. He'll get the job done and you will have documentation if problems resurface.

9/3 Have them check the slider; I thought ours sounded gritty. Frank said it was getting hung up. Also have them check the rear door hinge release; mine stayed in the door and had to be replaced (x2 if this was an earlier recall fix).

Any check engine or gas cap warnings? They can do a pressure test for the gas cap. If there are no stored codes, they can do nothing else.

Is your center console/charging ports still removed? I doubt this would cause the wonky USB port, but it may mean it never worked properly if you primarily used the console to charge your phone etc...

What is interesting about our NVs is that we have so few issues to address. You certainly haven't had many... It is also probable that few are close to their warranty expiration.

Edited by radin2son

just found this, again.  So... i was wrong about being near warranty end when i posted this... so i waited.  Now, have appt for just oil change next week because would rather discuss warranty stuff in person.