breto33

CB/Base Unit Antenna mounting

Has anyone added a cb type antenna to their NV passenger?  I am curious if there is an easy way to run the antenna without having to drill into the body to make a hole to run it.

I use a Wilson "Little Will" magnet mount, with the cable routed down the front edge of the window that opens behind the driver on Passenger models, bringing the cable through the bottom so the window can still be shut and shed water. Not noticeable, but I stow the antenna assembly in the compartment to the passenger's side of the rear door opening. The magnet base and a few rags keep it from making noise.

I never have a passenger directly behind the driver's seat since a car seat is in the space next to it, but once the cable is inside I route it behind the driver's seat and up along side.

I was going to say, just use a magnet mount.  If not I don't really know of a very good spot.  You usually want to mount it on metal.  Only thing real logical is the body if i were doing it.  Can't do rear bumper either.

Possibly on the left front fender , mimicking the stock radio antenna on the right side . lots of room there and then your coax can come in thru the firewall . If I was gonna go for a permanent mount , that's where i would start ...

Glenn

I have a magnet mount antenna, my question is where to run the wire itself i dont see any place in the firewall to do so.  There are some plastic caps covering blots in the door jambs, but no where to get the cable through to the interior.  I need to be able to use all of the seats, and I have my unit mounted on the dash, so i cant run an antenna from the rear.

Still trying to find something not magnetic due to high roof, and don't want to drill. Any other ideas.?

Like your set up and graphics on your NV in the photo gallery.

Can you use the area near/on the left mirror and run the wire through the door where the mirror is located? Sort of the trucker look, unless it has to be mounted on metal.

Hey, radin2son, Thanks. I don't think that will work the way I want it to. I have been giving a lot of thought to putting the trunk lip mount on the hood opposite the radio antenna. I may have to cut the lip down slightly.

Curious. Why CB? No cell coverage or do your clientele use CB?

You and Axulsuv are on the same wave length, so to speak.

Trucker by heart

Necrobump. Ran one of these on the econoline and loved it, although think I'm going to go rooftop NMO on the nissan.  Jury is still out though.

Screenshot_20230121_091327_eBay.jpg