NVP

Paint protection film?

Just put clear shield on the front of hood. Wondering if it's worth while to put it on the bottom section of sides- Does the NV get lots of mud splash from tires on side of vehicle during winter? Anybody have paint protection film or wish they did in a certain area? Thanks for any feedback you can give me.

I have thought about doing that as well. 

Where did you get it?

Was it made for the NV or just cut to fit type piece?

I got it cutout from a local film company who just printed out the template for NV hood. The only cutout available for NV is the hood (it covers about a foot up the hood and the line is basically unnoticeable) Product used was ventureshield from 3M. If I do the sides a 12" high roll will be fine. I have lots of friends who put clear film on their headlights as well to protect from scratches and hazing (I'm thinking about doing this as well)

We got the hood and around the lights done, worth it for around here. But at the same time be care when pressure washing as you could peel it back. 5 years from now I will see how it is. I have been told that this stuff is a super pain in the ass to get off if you want to redo it cause it will start peeling back and yellowing eventually.

I wish I would put on the 3M when I first got my Van.

I am most likely to sell it to get a new one and get it done.

The new warranty offering is so much better.

Sorry for bumping an old thread (I'm new around here!), I DO wish that I had installed 3m clear vynl on the giant "stone magnet" just above the window. It's starting to show signs of "needing a paint job in the next few years).

I haven't noticed any stone chips on the side of the body, but there are a few on the nose of the hood. I do not have mudflaps fitted, so side protection shouldn't be an issue?

(I have a 3500HD Cargo High Roof with 90,000 miles on it now. Had it since new in 2013. LOVE IT)