Sign in to follow this  
mahu

Rough sheet metal around sliding door window

anyone else have pretty rough/imprecise sheet metal around their sliding door window on the inside? See pictures for details. Not sure if it's the sheet metal cuts that are rough or if it's the paint drying unevenly. Will take closer look tomorrow after we unloaded the van and I can get to it.

post-1085-0-69787500-1446858352_thumb.jpg

post-1085-0-85494700-1446858370_thumb.jpg

post-1085-0-39829500-1446858390_thumb.jpg

post-1085-0-24861300-1446858405_thumb.jpg

Wow, that looks like it was cut with a dull butter knife! Is that from the factory?

yes straight from the Canton plant! two weeks old...just noticed it now when we started offloading after a 10 day drive from DC to Tahoe.

Anyone else have comments on this or has similar rough spots around their sliding door window?

I've said before that the top of my van looks like it was put together by a first year shop class - but this work around your windows makes my van top look good.

The raw edges in that first photo look like skin slicers - I'd definitely like to see a trim piece covering that up if it were mine (something they should have installed for you).

Yes, the edges are pretty rough. Upon closer inspection it does look like it's paint that dried very unevenly, since I am able to break pieces and flakes of it off with a bit force. Maybe something to bring up during our first oil change/service which is coming up. Not sure how willing a dealership different from where we bought it is to look into it and fix it.