GrowingFamily

NV 3500 Heat Sensor Issue Unresolved

We have a new 2015 NV 3500 that has been in the repair shop 40% of the time we have owned it as technicians work to figure out why we have hot air at 62 and above on the ac.  We are sweating in our winter gear and can't cool down unless we put the ac on at 60 or 61.  Certified techs had our vehicle code showing an internal heat sensor reading -42 degrees Fahrenheit for the interior of the car (which would make sense why it would be heating up then at 62) and replaced the recommend part.  Now it won't code, but we still have really hot air at 62.  All other NV's coming into the dealership are doing the same thing.  Nissan needs to figure out a repair to fix this!

I tried it on mine after I read your other thread.  How exactly are you getting hot air?  I have an early 2015 and if I set AC on and temp to 60 all the way up to 70 it is cold.  60 is very cold, 70 is cool but still cool and definitely not hot.

Is this when set in Manual mode or Auto?  I did my test in Manual.  Set AC on, fan to high and kept increasing temps from 60 up to 70.

ASD DAD- I'm glad yours is not having the same issue.  Gives me hope! By chance is yours parked in a garage when you tried? The dealership found when it was inside their work area it was cooler air, but once outside driving it was warm at 62.  We are all puzzled.  Thankfully it isn't a safety issue, but still would like it to be working properly.  When outside, we test manually because if we put it to auto at 62 the fans die down and we hardly have any air coming out.  Thanks for your feedback!

Growing - I am driving when doing the test.  This is when the van is warm after driving or just starting out on a drive.  

I hope they can get it figured out for you!  That would drive me nuts.  At least this time of year up in MN you'll need heat more than AC!

I HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM in my BRAND NEW 2016 NV Passenger V8!  Just got it a couple days ago, already back in the shop because of this EXACT climate control problem!

Excuse the capslock, but I am still hot on this issue!  So much that I went to another dealer today to test drive another NV from a different batch to verify whether it was a design issue or a one-off on my van.  DESIGN issue.  The other dealer NV did the same darn thing.  There must be a solution to this...  Did anyone here ever get it fixed?  If I go from 60-61, ice cold, 62, you can hear the actuator or blend door moving and it starts getting warm, by 70 it is feeling the same as it is supposed to at 90.  Can't get it cold until you go to 62 or below.  Dealer claims that's just the way it is...

I haven't picked up the van yet to verify but the service department says they fixed the issue. The say the temperature sensor was not plugged in at the factory. Interesting. On a side note, I took the van earlier this year because I could not find the brake controller wiring harness. It took the technician 15-20 minutes to figure out what was going on. At the factory they had not pulled the harness through the firewall plug. It was completely hidden and undetectable, by me for sure.

Glad yours is working Jeremie.  Our heat issue remains a mystery yet.  Now that it is warm here in MN we find we have the exact same problem with the AC.  After swimming lessons everyone was freezing.  With the ac turned off, we had cold air from 60-88. Then 89 and 90 were hot.  Exact opposite from the problem we had in the winter.  I dread going back to the dealer!

Mid-road trip update: new 2018 3500 SL with the same exact 62 degree issue. Auto thermostat control would fire up and never move down from full blast.

I installed a new Alpine head unit last week and the Crutchfield Master Sheet mentions letting the panel below the steering wheel hang once the clips are out. I can’t be 100% certain if it was this that disconnected the thermostat harness or if it was never hooked up from the factory as mentioned above. In any case it’s a 4 pin harness that plugs in (white clip facing up) to a black sensor harness under the steering wheel.

Problem fixed in a Safeway parking lot!

Thanks for this thread everyone!

Edited by sob