gofobroke

Bigger wheels and tires

just ordered my wheels and tires....  pics coming next week i think.   Also installing new head unit, 4 screens, reverse camera upgrade, and a front camera as well... and brake controller for now...

eventually, air bags, bull bar, running boards/steps and safari style rack...  

stay tuned

Welcome to the site!  Be sure to post up photos.

Nice that a father of 5 still has time to spend in the garage. Good work!

Update::

Today is wheel and tire day.  I ordered a set with 0 offset.  if math serves i will just kiss the slider or maybe have to add a small spacer.

(pics later this afternoon).  However,  in preparation, my buddy and I spent Saturday on the NV..

Fully dynamat in every door and interior panel ( what a difference in road noise/wind noise that made)

Plasti Dipped ( black) the grille, bumpers, mirrors, emblems.  all chrome gone/dipped 

Next week is audio and video....

4 screens, head unit, upgrade the backup camera and put in a forward facing camera as well.  probably upgrading speakers and adding a sub at some point too..   

I know..  Pics pics pics....    Don't worry,  there will be pictures soon..

Can't wait for the pics! The dynamat has always seemed like a great mod, but I don't have much experience with removing the door panels.... Seems like for me something always breaks, and is squeaky when back together, etc.

dynamat is easy to do, i bought two boxes off amazon for $65 a piece and still have a couple sheets left over. Ill post a link to the stuff i used..
The panels come off ( just pull) in the cargo/passenger area..  the driver and passenger door you need a #10 socket and a screwdriver and a panel clip puller.  You might also buy a pack of extra clips, since one or two will likel break on you.  ( Ill post links)    so.......  I snapped a few pics at the shop today but it rained this afternoon/eve so I will get some better ones out soon..

New wheels and tires

wheels and tires java nv

dipped emblems

Thanks for making up the list!  If you dont mind, start up a new post about Dynamat and just copy the list over.  I am sure others will want to know and wont look in a wheel thread for Dynamat.

Will any/all of these sizes fit without mods (lift)? Minor door slider rubbing is fine as long as I can shim.

Thanks!!!!

285/70r17

285/75r17 probably a long shot on these fitting

265/70r18

285/65r18

Just signed up as we bought a NVP 3500 SL.

I want to put on either:

285/60 tires, 20x9 wheels with 18 offset or (also could do 275/60 here) or...

285/50 tires, 22x9.5 wheels with 18 offset?

Both should give me about the same diameter of 33" to 33.5" and width of 10.8" to 11.2"..., but will they fit with the door???, and how easy is it to shim if I need to?

THANKS!!!

Anyone using these sizes?

275/55R20 117T XL nitto terra grappler g2 on +20mm offset no mods for fit, feels great.

20200410_200742.jpg

20200410_200830.jpg

IMG-20200410-WA0036.jpg

IMG-20200410-WA0034.jpg

On 6/13/2017 at 5:11 PM, jwilson said:

do you happen to have a picture of that install? my wheel / tire combo is about the same and it rubs. looking for

best way to get door to slide past them better....

I'm in the same situation, my rear tire rubs and trying to look at what to do to extend the sliding door out, but really have no idea

Sorry for the random bump.  Looking for some help.  Just bought a nv 3500.  Lift is going on next week.  Just bought some 17x8.5 +18 offset.  With 3" lift can I fit 295/70r17?  Anyone running that size tire?  Would love 35 but almost certainly would rub

Just ordered General Grabber ATXs, 265/70R18 from a local shop and Motiv Glock wheels, 18x9, 18mm offset from Mr. Wheel Deals.  Will post how they fit and look once they’re on.

I had posted this on the intro thread awhile back, figured I would put it here too in case it helps someone out.

2016 NV mods....

3” lift (Rough Country for Titan XD), bolted right with no issues

Luverne O-mega II Steps (full length on reach side) from Eurocampers. 

20”x9”, +18 offset Ultra Hunter wheels and 35” x 11.50” Nitto Ridge Grappler tires.  Perfect fit, no rubbing and the slide door clears without shims...no room to spare though.  I did remove the front mud flaps. 

7F3D0885-DA41-4E9F-98A5-7D4A8121E87F.jpeg

Looks so mean!  Awesome, good work! 

For what it’s worth - Method NVs, 18x9, 20mm offset wrapped with General Grabber ATXs, 265/70R18.  3” lift.  Good clearance, no door rub (about 1/2” to spare).  I added the black bolt kit; NVs come standard with the zinc lip bolts.

5135C0AF-A9DA-44F4-998A-D48255518BE9.jpeg

6DA382DC-C771-46F6-9868-645262852CE2.jpeg

A1090606-01A8-4872-9AF5-6BA891A901BB.jpeg

A406E7BB-FD74-418A-A097-D7EADCF3327F.jpeg

@tjash Awesome looking mods...I particularly love the side steps. Where did you find them? I have had a tough time finding full length drivers side steps and yours are exactly like what I am looking for. Mind sharing the manufacturer?

They were installed by Advanced 4x4 in Salt Lake City.  Not sure if they’re from Aluminess (the rack is) or a local supplier, but I bet they’d work with you.  Ken Garff Nissan in SLC may also know the source. 

So happy I found this forum for the NVs

Does just putting bigger tires on count ?

Picked up a 2020 NV3500, she has 24k miles and is bone stock.  I painted factory wheels and kept the caps stock.  When I paint the bumper, mirror and trim, I will paint the caps too...

5 new 285s on OEM wheels, full size OEM wheel on the spare.  I intend to rotate the spare into the tire rotation schedule 

287/70R17 on factory wheels. Zero clearance issues, no wider than OEM tires as far as the door is concerned.  At full lock, I have atleast 1.5" before i need to trim the inner mud flap ... 

I think I could have fit 305s with no lift... maybe next time.

Roof rack, sliders and bumper in the works... 

20211028_072009.jpg

20211028_071834.jpg

20211028_075509.jpg

20211028_075524.jpg

20211028_075732.jpg

CAN I FIT 17X8.5 WITH +6 OFFSET WITH 265 70 17 WILDPEAK TIRE WITHOUT RUBBING THE  SLIDING DOOR.2017 NISSAN NV 3500.

can i fit 17x8.5 +6 offset with 265 70 17 tire without rubbing the sliding door. i 

The backspacing on those is 1¼" more and the rim is an inch wider.  So just the out bead of the rim is 2¼" further out.  Tire is about an inch wider, but being on an inch wider wheel should be about even.  So the question is if you are comfortable loosing 2¼" of clearance between the tire and the slide door?  Not all tires are created equal, even if the same size.  The tire you want may have an aggressive sidewall, that will eat even more space.