Sign in to follow this  
wollip

Battery BCI Size

2012 2500 high roof V8 without tow pkg. Is my battery a size 24F? Dimensions are approx 10-3/4 L x 7-1/4 W x 8-1/2 H.

Anyone replaced their battery yet? Which size did you go with?

Battery

4 year battery life is pretty good. Average.

If a 27 will fit, that's what I'll go with when the time comes.

Battery.pdf

Edited by Jerry

Jerry - thanks for the reply and the PDF attachment. A 27 should fit and I will go that route also.

My battery is actually still good but I am ready to replace it as I finally activate the Ctek dc to dc system I have been working on.

I am probably chasing a unicorn but I'm hoping to find a dual post battery with the positive terminals on the right. So far very difficult to find. Dual positive on the left is fairly common.

I've just about given up on finding an adapter that will convert a regular battery to a two post.

I don't want to mess with the fusible link box setup and was thinking that a dual post battery (one on top/one on the side) would be an easy way to also attach the #4 cable that will feed the Ctek unit.

I'm open to ideas.

Can I put a ring terminal on the new #4 cable and attach it to the stud and nut directly behind the top post without interfering with the proper functioning of the fusible link cluster?

I know I could attach behind the forward post terminal nut but it is much smaller - so I wonder if that would be an adequate connection?

Both places for a possible connection appear to be connected to each other - so again I'm wondering if any harm comes from using the larger connection that is immediately beside the 140 amp fuse?

post-341-0-46732500-1456507263_thumb.jpg

What are you connecting the ctek to a deep cycle?

I thought ctek offers a quick disconnect that has ring terminals, that connect to the battery post nut.

Edited by Jerry

Yes - probably two AGM deep cycle back in the cargo area near the wheel well.

I know - #4 is overkill for this purpose but who knows what the future holds - only wanted to run it once.

Jerry -

I think I need to clarify. I'm installing a dc to dc charging system (ctek d250s dual / smartpass) in the cargo area. Which is why I'm running the wiring from the engine compartment to a location near the rear tire well (passenger side) where my new batteries will be.

What I'm not doing is trying to charge the main starting battery with an AC current/plug-in/Ctek smart charger.

And I also need to correct myself. I'm running a #2 stranded cable and not a #4. It is approx 17 ft in length.

What I am doing is similar, I think, to what anyone setting up a killer audio system would be doing. Which is to install a large supply cable. I just need to know how that large cable was connected.