NVFan

Best Upfit Supplier?

Want to upfit my NV - thinking of trying Adrian Steel products. They have an entire Nissan NV Upfit section. Anyone tried this company? Nissan NV Upfit Equipment

I went with Adrian because I have shelving and cabinets of theirs that are 17 years old and still in good shape. I'm not sure the current products are quite as durable, but they are the standard for this kind of stuff. Weather Guard also has a great product. They paint their shelving white in attempt to keep the inside of the van from being so dark. The downside of white is that it shows everything. American Van is another brand, but I don't have experience with their items.

Adrian has some weaknesses in their product line. If you have a high roof model, the tallest shelving for NV is 50" (they do list 56" shelving for Sprinters). American Van has some that is 65" high. Weather Guard has 62". I use more cabinets and drawers, so this wasn't a big deal to me.

Adrian has a product called Stow-All floor drawers. They have different widths, but they all use a single drawer. Weather Guard has drawer units called an Itemizer. Different widths, but individual drawers. They also offer both Lateral (side-by-side) and Stacked configurations. They are very expensive and now that I have used them I would hate to go without. Mine were hard used when I got them and are still capable of holding up under heavy use. My current drawers are Lateral, but I went with Stacked so I will still be able to stand in my high roof.

My local upfitter received all of my stuff, but I became concerned about how soft and thin the factory floor mat is. So now an order has ben placed for some hard flooring which puts the cabinet install on hold. Hope to post pics in a few weeks when it is complete.

Hope this helps!

If you have or are getting a high roof model, you may also want to look at the products from Ranger Design. Their products are all aluminum (lighter) and they have shelf units that go up to 62 1/2 inches high. You can download a catalog here: http://www.rangerdesigninc.com/html/vehicles.asp I've used them in the past in Sprinters.

Hey guys, I make another vote for Ranger Designs. We now have two NV2500HD's at work. The shelving for the first one is completely ranger. With the high roof, we have shelves almost to the roof. The cargo divider fit like a glove + the aluminum will help with fuel economy. We've got 8' of bin shelving down the driver's side and 10 ranger partslider drawers stacked 2-wide on the passenger side, opening toward the front of the van, accessible from the outside with the door open. The new van will have the old ranger shelves removed from our dead Sprinter.

We took out the floor mats and put down 5/8" plywood in the back with the rubber on top. The shelves were bolted through the plywood into the holes for the tie-down rings in the floor. I'll get some pictures next week.

Hey guys, very old now, but i realise that you said in your above post about using 5/8" plywood with rubber on top.

Just wanted to let you all know that we have some available products that will save you a lot of time and haslle, and will last a lot longer.

Check them out at www.legendfleet.com give me a call at 1866-223-2256 if you have any questions, we have dealers all across the USA and Canada.

Regards 

Kyle