scottbuettner

Reverse sensor problem

Someone recently gave me a little love tap and now the two reverse sensors and the driver's side are not functioning properly.  The dealer quoted over $500 per sensor.  Does anyone have a part number or supplier that can I can get them from cheaper? 

Thanks,

Scott

That quote is $200+ more per sensor than we paid 2 years ago. Hard to tell from your description what is not working.

If the sensors were pushed inside the bumper, they are toast. Probably still work but will not stay in place. Others may have glued them in?

If the sensors are still in place, they and the bumper may be out of alignment. If they are beeping for no reason, they may be picking up something that is not there, shadow, slight drop off etc. I scrunched our rear bumper, right side from below. The sensors remained in place and seemed to work fine if I recall. Then again, I may have been too PO'd at my stupidity to notice.

KMG posted the Nissan parts site, so look for his post or google Nissan parts.

Edited by radin2son

I have had some success 3d printing the plastic mounts that hold the sensors in the bumper from the outside. The sensor itself still needs to be intact, as well as the rubbery part between the flat sensor and the plastic part, but the metal springy arms that put pressure on the inside of the bumper can't be bent since the ones I printed were abs and brittle and would crack off at the four mounting tabs while trying to get the metal springy arms to hold it in place. PM me if you want the files (free), it costs about $7 each to have them printed from a printing service, or diy if you have a printer. They are different front and back, but mirrored (front inner= FIpost-452-0-11857300-1461280888_thumb.jpg, works in both locations, rear outer= ROpost-452-0-49179000-1461280912_thumb.jpg, front outer= FOpost-452-0-11998500-1461280902_thumb.jpg, rear inner= RIpost-452-0-76108100-1461280907_thumb.jpg)

edited to add renders of the parts

Edited by Decades

I just bought 4 used sensors off eBay because my new to me 2013 NV2500 was missing the outer driverside sensor. With that 1 sensor missing, none of the other sensors seemed to work. I plugged in the missing sensor and everything seems to work fine now. I didn't pay the 500+ or even 200+ per sensor so I'm a happy camper. Now what to do with the 3 extra sensors I have left? Anyone interested in buying some sensors? I'm think 50 shipped per sensor is reasonable. Let me know

On a side note, the plastic mounts like Decades printed above were pretty brittle on the sensors I bought. Maybe because they're old or something but the one I installed cracked a little while I was plugging it in. Doesn't affect the functionality though.

On 4/20/2016 at 8:12 PM, Decades said:

I have had some success 3d printing the plastic mounts that hold the sensors in the bumper from the outside. The sensor itself still needs to be intact, as well as the rubbery part between the flat sensor and the plastic part, but the metal springy arms that put pressure on the inside of the bumper can't be bent since the ones I printed were abs and brittle and would crack off at the four mounting tabs while trying to get the metal springy arms to hold it in place. PM me if you want the files (free), it costs about $7 each to have them printed from a printing service, or diy if you have a printer. They are different front and back, but mirrored (front inner= FIpost-452-0-11857300-1461280888_thumb.jpg, works in both locations, rear outer= ROpost-452-0-49179000-1461280912_thumb.jpg, front outer= FOpost-452-0-11998500-1461280902_thumb.jpg, rear inner= RIpost-452-0-76108100-1461280907_thumb.jpg)

edited to add renders of the parts

Would love to print these on my Formlabs2/3 using Tuff resin. Thanks in advance for sharing saving me time to draw them in Fusion 360.  Would be happy to print you some extras. 

FDB7216F-0C11-452C-878F-BAAA9040FD6C.jpeg

Thanks - will print and cast over the weekend .   Will give you update on how the hold . 

So how is the fitment on the 3d printed parts? Did they come out as a good enough replacement?