Hey guys. new to the forum here and hoping that i could get some expert help with a wiring issue that i am having.

I have a 2013 NV2500 with the V8, navigation and tow package. I pull a trailer and need reverse lights that are strong, for several reasons. I wired in 2 7" cree LED lights that i mounted under the rear bumper. I wired them to the reverse wire in the 7 pin trailer plug. Everything works great, they are bright, i am almost happy.

What I am trying to do is to wire the reverse lights to a dash mounted switch, so that i can power the reverse lights without having to have the switch on and the shifter in reverse. I have the switch mounted and I found a reverse signal wire behind the radio. i wired my switch to that wire. When powered, it turns on the factory reverse lights and the backup camera, but it does not power the trailer plug reverse wire, which is the wire that I have my LED lights wired to.

Can anyone tell me where the trailer plug wires are in the dash or under the hood? I followed the wire harness from the 7 way and it is routed to the passenger side under the van. It looks like it goes up to the fuse and relay box. I know that the reverse wire at the 7 way is yellow, but I tested every yellow wire in the fuse block, with no luck finding the reverse wire.

I am very picky about wiring and I do not want to run a wire from my factory reverse lights, thru the cab, to my 7 way.I know that there has got to be a start location somewhere under the dash or in the engine compartment. I am not sure why the factory reverse lights would work with my new switch and not the reverse lights on the 7 way. This doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

CAN SOMEONE HELP????

I tapped into the fuse box on the pass side firewall to trigger my aftermarket backup camera. You could tap into that and use a relay wired to the battery to power the lights.