stephendashton

When will 2017 NV changes be announced?

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum, so hopefully this hasn't already been covered by someone else. Does anyone know when Nissan will be making the announcements regarding any changes to the 2017 Nissan NV Passenger? Last year they published the following news report on August 18, 2015.

http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/releases/the-2016-nissan-lineup-charting-the-changes 

I'm curious if the new announcements for 2017 models will come out again at that time.

My wife and I have six children and maxed to the brim of our Honda Odyssey. We are interested in getting an NV Passenger but aren't sure if we should get the 2016 model or wait to see what changes will be made to the 2017 model. Living in Utah, we are particularly interested in knowing if 4x4 will be an option for next year's model.

Thanks,

Stephen

Probably the same timeline.

Chris_cm tell us when the last '16 models are being delivered and when to expect the new model but not necessarily what the changes are: extended cargo van, cutaway van and diesel (maybe)?

If you are near Salt Lake City, what are the two dealers there saying? If you can find a NVP you really like (and don't need diesel), get it.

Since 2012 when we bought our van there have been few changes. "Better" navigation, SL for cargo vans, less chrome for SV vans, tow package standard with V8, more airbags standard... There may be a few more but not enough to delay buying now.

The one exception as described by ASD Dad would be the new V8. It would be neat if you could bargain for a full value trade in if this engine is offered in 2017.

Edited by radin2son

FYI.  While visiting with Quigley Motors today about a lift kit for my van (Not cost effective and has to be Quigley installed), I was told the 2017 NV will have a 7 speed tranny but will not have factory 4x4 or Diesel.  He said 2018 for the diesel and no word on 4x4.  I don't know if he is correct but thought I'd pass it along.  The 7 speed tranny allows Quigley to have a 2 speed transfer case.

FYI.  While visiting with Quigley Motors today about a lift kit for my van (Not cost effective and has to be Quigley installed), I was told the 2017 NV will have a 7 speed tranny but will not have factory 4x4 or Diesel.  He said 2018 for the diesel and no word on 4x4.  I don't know if he is correct but thought I'd pass it along.  The 7 speed tranny allows Quigley to have a 2 speed transfer case.

That's good news for anyone that needs 4WD Low gear.  Thanks for relaying the info regarding the 7 spd automatic.

Regarding the Quigley lift, I assume it's a 2" lift?  Not cost effective?  Does it cost alot?

That's good news for anyone that needs 4WD Low gear.  Thanks for relaying the info regarding the 7 spd automatic.

Regarding the Quigley lift, I assume it's a 2" lift?  Not cost effective?  Does it cost alot?

I think the 2" lift cost $2,500 when upfitting the van originally, $3,000 if after the front drive system has been installed.  Call Quigley to verify.  I have the memory of an old goat.

Anyone place an order for 2017? Or are there plenty of 2016 NNs on lots?

7 speed tranny coming for '17? Dang, that almost certainly means the updated 5.6l is going in. Oh man that makes me jealous.....

Quick search for 2017 models for sale shows 7 speed transmission for the V8

http://drivesparks.com/New-VehicleResearch/2017-Nissan-NV_Cargo-415797
horsepower and torque are however the same as for the 2016 V8 model, so would that mean no new engine or does the update 5.6 have the exact same specs?

The updated V8 has a sizeable amount more power and torque, so if that page Mahu posted is right, I'm scratching my head.....

I'd strongly consider taking the trade in hit on my 2015 if the 2017 did have the new 5.6 motor in.  That motor is a beast compared to our decade old technology motor.  The 7 speed is icing on the cake.

Curious if the 7 spd increases mileage on the old 5.6 if that is indeed true.  It will certainly be shifting more when towing but it should have at least two overdrive gears for the highway when not towing.   

What makes everybody think the new 5.6 is going in the nv3500? The 2017 Armada stil has our same engine. Did I miss an announcement or are people just assuming or hoping? Would be pumped if this were happening soon!

What makes everybody think the new 5.6 is going in the nv3500? The 2017 Armada stil has our same engine. Did I miss an announcement or are people just assuming or hoping? Would be pumped if this were happening soon!

The 2017 Armada DOES have the new 5.6 motor.  Go look on Nissan's site.  The 2017 is all new and shares the Patrol platform which is Nissans version of a Land Rover or Land Cruiser.  

That's interesting. On the Nissan.ca website ONLY the Titan got the new 5.6 option. The 2017 Armada shows the 5.6 317hp engine (must be a typo on the Canadian site). Thanks for pointing this out! I will be really interested in finding out what people think of the new engine and tranny in the nv3500. Very curious how the mpg will be affected as well

$60k will get you the Armada/Patrol with the new V8 and 7 speed. www.trucktrend.com has a good preview and "walk around video."

That 4x4 NV cargo conversion in AZ that KMG posted has the diesel in it. The Power Nation TV online video will be available on 10/2.

Forget the walk around video. That was a "sponsored" ad for the 2017 Pathfinder.

Edited by radin2son