axulsuv

Interior trim , finish panels ?

Hi ; just wondering if any of you folks have found a wall covering kit yet for the NV's , like I've seen out there for the sprinter vans . I want to insulate and finish the walls and roof and was curious if somebody has done it yet , or do I do it like the 66 Dodge van I had back in high school ... I'm just gonna camp and haul my dirt bike trailer , no serious rv conversion stuff , just want to make it a little more comfortable and hospitable :)

Thanks for any Ideas , I don't want dents from the inside out too !!!

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Here is a company the just came out with a full wall liner kit. www.malleyindustries.com/commercial 877-859-8591. I have only seen a flyer not the product, but at lease someone is making it. I was on their site a few days ago and couldn't find a picture, but I know it's available, you may have to call.

Glenn,

I found some durable cloth backed suede fabric, and used 3M #80 spray adhesive to attach to panels. For the missing panels on the door, I made them using 1/8 plywood. I also made the ceiling from same plywood and attached with screws in purchased plastic inserts snapped in the rectangular holes in rafters. It turned out very well. With added insulation, the NV2500 high-top is very quite, and A/C cools much better.

I posted pictures under Interiors in Photo Gallery. http://nissannvforum.com/index.php?/gallery/image/12-rt-cargo/

Edited by kitcarlson

My Dealer gave me a copy of the Malley Ind. Flier when I went back down last Tuesday to resign a better finance package ... :)

The sheet I was given say's $1,695 without insulation , $1795 with insulation + plus shipping ... From canada $$$$

As a 51 year old single dad of 3 (oldest in college $$$) I think I'll get my neighbor (serious high end finish carpenter ) to go to Home depot with me and pick out $150.00 worth of material and spend a weekend in his driveway ... I've got great neighbors ....

I'll post pictures of the progress , but I've got to get a hitch first .

Thanks for the replys And KIT , yours looks great !

Glenn

PS. , Kit , where did you get the inserts for the holes , much better idea than drilling into the rafters and beams !

Edited by axulsuv

Glenn,

I ordered them online at clipsandfasteners.com I also ordered longer pop-in fasteners since the fabric added enough thickness, that the original fasteners would not hold.

I did all the work without drilling holes with the exception of the A/C and the shore power inlet.

When cutting between the wider rafters, the A/C was installed without trimming the rafters, I was pleased with that. Also the roof curvature was perfect for the Polar Cub A/C.

Thanks for that :banvictory:

Glenn

OK , hitch and plug & play trailer harness installed ...

Now to start on the interior design , I've found a Van 2 person bench seat to install for the kids to strap into , just deciding if it goes along the wall behind the drivers seat or in a normal position ....

Glenn

Kit, your interior work looks very nice! I need help understanding what looks like cabinet doors in the ceiling. Thanks.

I had help from my wife, mostly her ideas.

Yes they are fold away cabinets. Good for storing pillows, sheets and blankets. They fold up when empty, to get the space back, for normal use.

"Out of the box" thinking... nice!

I've decided to install a OE type window in the sliding door before I finish my interior , I believe that extra sight line will be well worth the effort , and it's easy to do ... (I'm currently the mechanic at a big body shop ) . And I need to order two more dome lights before I start cutting panels too !

And I was wondering about those cabinets too Kit ... , ingenious !!!

The cabinets were constructed a piece at a time. I found nothing seems square, and dimensions taper at the rear. I took advantage of the 8mm mounts above mid panels, and fabricated aluminum brackets to mount hinges for the bottoms. The panels hide all that work. When the bottoms are folded they hold the folded door sections up. The door sections hang from the rafters using nuts and studs in existing holes. The bottoms and door sections interlock. I am not a cabinet maker. I am sure that would be an advantage. I have built a few kit cars, and that is where my nick name originated.

I think the door window is a good idea. When we bought the van early, they were not available yet. There is a blind area, without the help of a passenger. I did add a 170 degree rear view camera with 10.1" monitor to the left of the rear view. I powered the camera off the tail lights instead of back-up lights so it could be turned on anytime. There is a square plastic body plug above the license plate, it served as a good mount point. The color camera and monitor, less than $100 on e-bay.

We might add the door window too. I am interested in hearing how it goes, and part #s needed.

Edited by kitcarlson

Check out the pictures i have posted. The side panels come with the SV and i think the 2500. The top i did with 1/8 inch plywood, you can use 1/4 but it will be more work to cut. There is fiberglass insulation behind it. You can make a cardon template before you cut the panels .

Bobby.

P1040651

P1040649

P1040653

Edited by DECOCW

Bobby ; Looks like you are a mind reader ! I've ordered all the O.E. SV interior panels and retainers along with the cargo lamps for my S from Factory nissan parts .com . And my window for the slider from CRL Lawrence is sitting at the shop waiting to be installed ...

I like your back seat too , Mine is coming out of a E350 ford w/ the removable brackets and all .

Thanks for the photos .

Glenn

Edited by axulsuv

Just got home from the shop and finished my window install ... No instructions with the window kit but it's not rocket science either ...Just cut the door panel out to the existing opening in the inner door structure , oh , remove the inside door handle first !!! I grabbed some left over white paint and gave the exposed bare metal a couple coats on the edge to help prevent future rust ... my glass wasn't perfectly square with the the mounting ring so I had to adjust the opening just a tad so the glass doesn't contact the door any where ... And on my S model I had to trim the plastic on the door handle a little so it would fit back in around the clamp ring for the window ... But when all said and done pretty easy to do and the added outward visibility is priceless ! Being able to look over your right shoulder and see behind you at a 45 degree angle out the side of the van is wonderful ! :)

Sorry my kid rendered our camera useless or I'd have some photo's for you . Got to get myself a new one and hide it from my kids .....

Glenn

:shades: Got my two cargo lamps and brackets today from the fed ex truck :) Now I can start on the headliner portion of my interior , and I need to pop the radio out and see if the rear speaker terminals are there , I've got the print out of the plug for the base radio , just have to see how nissan terminated the rear speaker output . The pre existing 6x9 cut outs above the rear fenderwells are just asking for some speakers when the side panels go in .......and the fader is in the base radio ...

Glenn

OK the radio terminals are on the redidio , but there are no female connectors in the plug on mine ... So I got some of the correct terminals out of a totaled maxima and will be at the shop at about 5 am ( to beat the SC heat and humidity ...!) and start with pulling the cargo mat , then the dash (again ) and adding the speaker outputs to the plug and using some old speakers I've got to make sure it works first , them run the leads , install the 6x9's I just got , then insulate the sides and install the side panels ... Then on to drilling the floor for the removable seat brackets and laying the mat back down . And I got a new cheap camera at Best Buy along with the speakers tonite so if I read the instructions before bedtime I'll post some photo's of the changes ...

Glenn

Photo's (bad, poor lighting ...) are in the gallery , Speakers didn't get installed as the terminals I took out of the maxima were to big to fit in the plug ): , But removable seat and seat belts are in and side walls are insulated and have OE. panels up . I'm gonna glue some foil encased bubble wrap type insulation between the roof rafters for now too , and worry about making a headliner panel to hide it when the weather get cooler ...

Glenn

And it's getting quieter and cooler back there too ! :)

Luvin this van , 2nd trials event with it last weekend . With trailer, bikes and gear +1 kid along for the weekend . 456 mile round trip , 21.1 mpg average and plenty of room for gear and to relax .

Glenn ,

Added a shot of the van's purpose to the gallery ...

Edited by axulsuv

Glenn,

I ordered them online at clipsandfasteners.com I also ordered longer pop-in fasteners since the fabric added enough thickness, that the original fasteners would not hold.

I did all the work without drilling holes with the exception of the A/C and the shore power inlet.

When cutting between the wider rafters, the A/C was installed without trimming the rafters, I was pleased with that. Also the roof curvature was perfect for the Polar Cub A/C.

Hi Glen,

Do you have a part number for the " pop in fasteners" you ordered for the roof ?

Thanks

Dave

Dave ; I haven't ordered any yet , but if you go to http://www.clipsandfasteners.com and click on the Nissan logo you can find whatever you want . You just have to measure the holes you want the inserts for ... They have them for just about anything you can think of , all of OE. design I believe ...!

Happy Hunting , and no , I haven't built my headliner panels yet ....):

Glenn

This is a 5 passenger conversion we did. We have it for sale for 42,977 with rear dvd, ac, all rear windows, factory chrome wheels. Contact Todd Eversgerd at 314-503-2247 for this one.

post-195-0-90653500-1361640396_thumb.jpg

post-195-0-79272000-1361640413_thumb.jpg

post-195-0-93904600-1361640439_thumb.jpg

post-195-0-14090800-1361640475_thumb.jpg

i love my rattle box