Sign in to follow this  
nihil_perditi

Magic - Nissan Conversion

I believe the video showing this build was on this forum somewhere - but I recently came across an article regarding this conversion and thought I would share - enjoy! 

Article: 

https://adventure-journal.com/2015/10/living-the-road-dream-in-a-25-foot-stealth-office/

Video:

Also - Wollip I know you have talked a little bit about your fridge and your conversion but I was trying to find photos the other day of your build but came up empty handed.  Did I miss a thread?  Always love seeing what everyone else is doing with their vans.  Thanks!  

That is a great video of Dave Anderson's V6. Check out his blog and other videos. Mostly climbing in China but a recent one was in Monument Valley, AZ in the 4 corners region. Not a great place to change a flat!

Photos are one of those things I'm always meaning to get around to doing.

Won't be soon since it is 100 deg here with an index of 112. Humidity starts at 90% each morning and cooks off to 50% - if we're lucky. If any of you haven't visited Arkansas, come on down. Just be sure to avoid June, July, August, and lately most of September.

Wollip - that sounds like some serious heat - stay cool out there!  

nihil_perditi posted the direct link to the Magic video. For those new to the forum this is a fun video to watch...

I never used the link to the article until last night. Also some good info. The conversion started with the V6 2500.

I've just started looking at Adventure Journal. So far, good stuff.

Great video, they did a really nice job on that conversion

Adventure Journal is a great read. Use the link on the first post.

Check out the article on Wayfarer Vans, a $5000 conversion kit, unfortunately only for Ram Promaster City and soon for the Promaster 1500. Great idea that lets you install the box units using existing bolt holes. Looks like they could just as easily be removed as needed. Not sure about removing the trim pieces but looks possible.

There is a link to their site and videos in the article.

Another camper van article on Adventure Journal. Check out 4 Wheels, 40 Square Feet... That was their VW. Now they are in a 4x4 Chevy Express, formerly Comcast. The new UT owners cut out the roof and added a top made of wood. Sort of a "woody."

They go through some of the pros and cons of a camperized van.

Talking to myself again...

This video may not have been seen by new owners with diy projects in progress or planned. 

As an aside. A lot of diy conversions have cooktop on the counter behind the driver’s seat. (Our ‘83 VW was set up the same way.) Sportsmobile did this as well on all conversions except NVs. Reason: fuel vent was too close. Real reason: compliance with RV certification.