Sign in to follow this  
KMG

For Sale: 2014 NV 3500HD SV High Roof with Quigley 4x4

I'm selling my van then build a small SUV for off road fun and pull it behind my Toterhome.

My wife prefers better accommodations while camping.  She says "Why would I want to sleep in a van with out a bathroom when we have a nice Motorhome in our garage"?  She has a point and I'm becoming tired of going exploring solo.

16,XXX miles

$32,000

I'll run an Autotrader ad next week but thought I'd post here today.

Thanks, Kevin

post-1046-0-52395400-1475777928_thumb.jpg

Awe man, sorry to see you go!  I can definitely see her point if you have a motorhome to use as well.  Good luck with the sale!  

Hi Kevin,

Any photos of the inside? 

How is it optioned?

Thanks, Ed

I haven't changed any of the Nissan standard  3500 SV options that can be found at www.nissancommercialvehicles.com.  I had the dealer add window vent shades, a hood deflector, and all weather floor mats.  I posted several pictures earlier under the conversion section titled "Cargo to Camper Conversion".  Let me know if you need additional info.  Thanks

I don't know if I'm surprised or not as I was never sure how your NV fit into your plans. Now knowing you have a motor home and a preference for trails rather than world touring, it makes sense.

Enjoy your new project.

Thanks, guys.  Be honest, Do you think I have my van priced fair?  Thanks, Kevin

Oh, and don't think you're getting rid of me just because I'm selling my van!

Thanks, guys.  Be honest, Do you think I have my van priced fair?  Thanks, Kevin

Oh, and don't think you're getting rid of me just because I'm selling my van!

Fair question- I'm not certain.  Let's just say it's not a smoking hot deal or I'd be in a plane seat....

It's a 3500, has the Quigley conversion, and it's a high top.  So anyone who wants to build up a sportsmobile-type conversion on a Nissan chassis, this is perfect.  Low miles. 

However, you are selling when the 2017s are about to drop which will have the new engine and 7 speed transmission, which supposedly will yield v6 fuel economy and, when getting the Quigley conversion, will allow a 4WD Low range.  So those are the negatives.

Not slighting your van, just presenting facts as a potential buyer.

Tell us about the side windows on your van- I don't see mention of the windows in the other link.

Edited by Edgar

Since you brought up Sportsmobile, the forum "for sale" formula is market value for the van and 1/2 the value of the conversion.

Added value in this instance comes from the fact that the 4x4 conversion was done prior to sale by a Nissan dealership. So there shouldn't be any issues with service, warranty or insurance.

The windows are made by HEHR.  They are awning style (hinged at the top) with screens.

http://www.nissanvanwindows.com/page2.html

Thanks for the very valid points pro and con about my van.  What price makes it a "smoking hot deal" that gets you on that plane?

Thanks again, Kevin

Edited by KMG

That's a nice van. I'm happy with mine. I have a little trailer as well for camping and my Frontier Pro4X for exploring.

Edgar, I see you are in Orlando, FL.  I'm retired and will work with you.  I'll buy two one way tickets on Allegiant Airlines from Orlando to Springfield so you can bring someone along, Pick you both up at the airport, and pay for two hotel rooms.  Or I can drive the van to Orlando then I'll fly home if time off is an issue for you. Lowering the price by a grand or so isn't going to significantly impact my life and allows me to begin a new project.  If you are seriously interested in my van then there is a deal to be made!  Thanks, Kevin

Edited by KMG

Just an FYI to all interested.  I just got off the phone with Quigley and they are working with Nissan to allow the newer model to have a useable two speed transfer case.  Quigley says they want to use the newer Titan transmission, transfer case and front drive system to allow use of the hi-lo ranges and as of now it's not heavy duty enough to handle the NV.  Currently the Quigley conversion uses a front drive system that is heavier duty than the Titan.  He said "We have the new 7 speed transmission and  two speed transfer case sitting in our shop and we are working on it.  Call back in 6 month and see where we are at".

Also just an FYI, my van does have a two speed transfer case but Quigley/Nissan chose to install a removable bracket blocking the lever travel.  Why?

Quigley said it's because of two reasons:

1. While in low range, wheel slip causes the van to go into "limp" mode.

2. Nissan was concerned a low range would "promote" vehicle use that the NV was not designed for which may cause vehicle damage that the warranty would have to cover.    

Edited by KMG

Edgar, Here are pics of the cab interior.

post-1046-0-68682700-1476134380_thumb.jpg

post-1046-0-11813200-1476134398_thumb.jpg

post-1046-0-81990300-1476134411_thumb.jpg

post-1046-0-23557200-1476134431_thumb.jpg

I got my new Nissan dealer to replace the navigation unit under warranty.  Yea, no more cracked screen.

Dang, KMG is making Edgar one heck of a courteous offer. How come I never find sellers like that!? Hat tip!

Hello Edgar,

Are you still out there?  When I checked your profile and saw you are still visiting this site, I went ahead and sent you a PM.  I hope I wasn't to forward with my offer.  I was trying to offer you a smoking hot deal.  If you weren't interested in my van and mistakenly said you'd be on a plane, I understand completely.  Everyone has been there and done that.  Take care, Kevin

Edited by KMG

Received a PM from Edgar.  Being from Orlando he has been dealing with the aftermath from hurricane Mathew.  I feel foolish for not putting the two together.  Classic case of myopic focus and for that I apologize.  I hope all are well.  Kevin

FYI I'm considering a $30,000 offer I received from the post I placed on Expedition Portal.  Not pressuring just informing.  Kevin 

Replacement.  One owner stock 2004 Rubicon with 32K miles.  Let the fun begin!

post-1046-0-48870100-1476876254_thumb.jpg

post-1046-0-27754700-1476876311_thumb.jpg

Wow, that was a quick sale.  Congrats!  Have fun with the Jeep, they have pretty much limitless possibilities if you have the money for it!

Edited by ASD Dad

A younger man from Portland, OR bought it.  He races in motocross and will haul his bike and use it as living area during the event.  The 4x4 will be perfect for him.  Muddy roads and fields but not hard off road.  The way the numbers worked out he has a Quigley NV with 19,500 miles for the cost of a same year non Quigley NV.  He is a very nice guy and I'm happy he got a good deal.  

Still for sale?

Sold ( See above). Hard to imagine it has been 4 years since KMG was an owner. He posted for awhile afterwards. 

There are other 4x4 conversions out there that the owners have had awhile. Times and obligations change. 

Edited by radin2son

Wow, yeah, how does time go by so quickly? ?‍♂️?‍♂️