fenderfatstrat6

Digital dual climate NVP unit in NV cargo?

This is my very first post on this forum :

I was curious what's involved in making this happen ? I is plug and play and it works or is there more to it? I saw a cargo van for sale that had it done but it was a dealer selling it and they didn't have any info  on the Digital AC controls.. 

Thank You ! 

Jeremy

I am interested in this conversion as well.  Jeremy, did you ever find anything out about the feasibility of converting the standard climate control in the NV cargo to the automatic climate control that comes in the NV passenger?

Checking on this old thread. Any chance anybody has figured this out yet? We will be getting an NV cargo this weekend and I need to figure out something to cool the rear.

Before you drive away in your high top (based on your intro post) NV, do you really need a high top? Aside from headroom, an NVP will give you more room than your Transit Connect, plus give you the second seat and ac you want.

We have seen NVs with rooftop ac units but that isn

Yes, we definitely need the extra height to stack dog crates and have room to sleep on top of them. The second seat will be made removable and will only actually be in the van on the rare occasion we have friends we need to haul around and our 3 other vehicles with 4+ seats aren't available for some reason. 

I could very easily install a rooftop A/C unit and later add duct work if necessary to get the airflow more even throughout the van. 

If putting the rear seat in is not considered an easy task, that is fine with me. I've done more fabricating and odd engineering around vehicles than most can even dream of. I once made a WRX rear wheel drive, and cryogenic treated the transmission gear set after removing it from the transmission JUST to see if I could do it all for under $300. And this was in January in Minnesota. I've added air to air fans to the same WRX intercooler ducting with an added auto water spray when above 3lbs of boost to decrease intake manifold temps 30 degrees while racing. And none of that includes the race only vehicles I've worked on and engineered solutions for. Including but not limited to mounting a movable seat to the floor after removing the seat supports inside to accommodate taller drivers.