I have a 2012 NV2500 high top. I routinely pull a trailer and total around 11,000 lbs loaded. At 43,000 miles I'm due for new brakes and was wondering if anyone has upgraded to heavy duty or not. Or any recomendations on what to put on it. Thanks.

post-1036-0-95832800-1476840281_thumb.jpgpost-1036-0-75645200-1476840289_thumb.jpgpost-1036-0-34493900-1476840299_thumb.jpgpost-1036-0-27521600-1476840305_thumb.jpgJohn, I upgraded my 3500 before going back to Colorado this year. Last year the brakes got hot and started pulsing on the long grades, downshifted but still too much grade. I went with EBC yellow stuff pads and vented and drilled front rotors from R-1 concepts. It was around 430.00 bucks shipped to the house. This really made a difference in distance and feel! It stops so much shorter than before. I use EBC on my dirt bikes so I knew how well they performed in that environment. I would try the pads for sure, but the combo really did the job in the mountains this time. I will post a couple of pics. Hope this helps.  

Hey, thanks for this post and pictures. Are they still performing well for you? Any chance you have the model number of the discs handy? I can't find them online with my local EBC dealer...

Thanks!

Edited by sampson

Sampson,

I got all of it from R-1 concepts. The part  number of the rotors is  EDS644115. They were not EBC rotors, I think they were Eline, I have not changed the back yet, but you can definitely tell a difference with just the front.