mdknapp

AMP Research Power Step - Running Board w/ Nissan NV 3500 (2016)

Just picked up a new Nissan NV 3500 Passenger. We want to get a nice running board for the kids to get in on the rear passenger side door.

Our goals are as follows:

* Keep as much ground clearance as possible

* Make it easier for the kids to get into the car (Ages 2 - 11)

* Have the running board given plenty of step when getting out, but not dramatically increase the vehicles width (my brother had running boards he took off because the kids tripped on them frequently when getting out as they were not deep enough)

That has led me to the LED lit retractable running board "PowerStep" by Amp Research. It appears that the PowerSteps are compatible with Nissan platform vehicles, but there were not commitments. I am not very car savvy but they suggested that if all undercarriage was compatible to the older Titans it may work.

Could anyone more NV savvy than I help me out here and let me know if it *should* be compatible or not? If it is compatible I am sure I could find someone to assist me in the install locally.

Product Video:

Product Info:

http://www.amp-research.com/products/truckaccessories/powerstep/

Manual for mounting to Nissan (Armada, Titan...):

http://www.amp-research.com/?dl_id=11

Thank you in advance!

Amp Research 

I just emailed the company about this, and then stumbled on your post.  I was hoping someone had answered this, but I will let you nkow if I hear anything back.  

That looks fantastic, I'd love to see if that would work on an NV. Once I have my 4x4 installed in March I'll look into it. We have a Summit Racing and a 4 Wheel Parts (AMP distributors) in my town, perhaps I can get one and return it if it won't fit?

When I picked up my NV from Advanced 4x4 two weeks ago they said they had been working with AMP. If I understood correctly she said they got an AMP employee interested, and he got AMP to agree to sell him certain parts and he'll build a kit to make it work on the NV. It sounded like a recent event, and I got the impression that we should not expect anything for at least a year. 

I didn't want to wait, so I went ahead and put Advanced 4x4's tube steps on while we were there. They are fabulous for off-road and helping kids in and out, but not as much area as many other options. I'll post more with pics later.

I have the AMP steps on my F250. It would be great if they made them for the NV. 

Any updates on this yet? I just got an 2018