Powertrip

Rear Air bags

Updated.....They Fit!!  See Below

Has anyone found rear suspension air bags for an NV3500?

Looked all over with no luck.

Edited by Powertrip

Anyone?  If not airbags, are you using something else to level the NV when Towing?

I see firestone kits for the 1500 and 2500.  Maybe it's just an oversight on the etrailer site that they don't have them listed for the 3500?

You might also look into the Timbrens and Sumos:

http://www.etrailer.com/susp-2016_Nissan_NV+3500.htm 

One thing I liked about those that I saw on a Promaster camper; is they were always engaged and "preloaded" the rear suspension.  That would have to make it more stable.  Last picture in the article:  

http://wincrasher.blogspot.com/2015/08/another-vile-and-disgusting-timbrens.html?spref=tw 

Edited by Ryan Stotts

There is at least one user on here with Timbrens.  I used them on my Tundra for 4 years and loved them.  On the NV I think the users had to trim them down a bit in height, they would touch when unloaded which is something you do NOT want to happen.  It makes the rear end way too stiff and harsh.  It also hurts handling, it's like having super stiff springs only on the back which means a very tail happy vehicle.  They may have exchanged them directly with Timbren for a lower height model.  Timbren is pretty good to work with.

Timbrens are very no-nonsense and just "work".  Nothing to really fail, no leaks to worry about, no pressure adjustments to worry about, they are just big hollow rubber bump stops that help keep the rear of the vehicle from sagging.  They can also be installed in about an hour!  They and any other rear helper spring including air bags or actual helper springs do absolutely nothing to increase payload capacity.  They are strictly for keeping the back from dropping too much or for ride quality when loaded.  

If you still want bags I would email Firestone and others, I bet the 2500 model fits the 3500 just fine.  Bags are nice if you want to adjust them specifically for your load or if you want to have a handy onboard air compressor (if you install one, which you should).  

I'm still considering Timbrens for my van.  The back end can get soft when towing our Toyhauler depending on how much weight we're carrying that trip.  It hasnt bothered me enough to really look into them yet but I can definitely tell when loaded heavy.  I may just get heavier spring bars for my WD hitch, I am right on the upper border between two ratings and can get the next size up.  

So I contacted Firestone, and they have nothing for the NV3500, just the 2500. Has anyone made them work on a 3500? What is required? I have had airbags on other vehicles for years and lived the adjustabilit...can't imagine going to Timbrens.

Anyone come up with anything for the Rear-end Sag?

Sorry I can't help but just wondering how much you are towing?  I have a boat that fully loaded probably comes in at about 4500 lbs.  Van tows it with ease but I could see myself towing heavier down the road.  At what weight would you consider needing  airbags?  Thanks and good luck!  I may need your answer down the road!

Sorry I can't help but just wondering how much you are towing?  I have a boat that fully loaded probably comes in at about 4500 lbs.  Van tows it with ease but I could see myself towing heavier down the road.  At what weight would you consider needing  airbags?  Thanks and good luck!  I may need your answer down the road!

I am towing a 5 place enclosed (V-nose) trailer.  Empty 4500lbs, fully loaded 6500-7000lbs.  It tows really well, but is a little "squirmy", I know airbags would help and level the Van out, as they have on my other vehicles.

post-1635-0-67805000-1493068022_thumb.jpg

I am towing a 5 place enclosed (V-nose) trailer.  Empty 4500lbs, fully loaded 6500-7000lbs.  It tows really well, but is a little "squirmy", I know airbags would help and level the Van out, as they have on my other vehicles.

attachicon.gifIMG_5160.JPG

Do you have a WD hitch on there?  Cant tell from the photo.  Nissan recommends a WD hitch for any trailer over 5000# on all NV full size vans.  Put a WD hitch on, most of the squat goes away if it is adjusted correctly.

The NV 3500 is definitely not in the same class as your F350.  It may be a "1 ton" van but it is not in the same league as a 1 ton HD truck.    

That helps a lot.  I tow an enclosed trailer with my F-250 that weighs about 7,000 lbs loaded.  I haven't pulled it with the van yet and don't plan to, but I always wonder about "what if" scenarios.

Do you have a WD hitch on there?  Cant tell from the photo.  Nissan recommends a WD hitch for any trailer over 5000# on all NV full size vans.  Put a WD hitch on, most of the squat goes away if it is adjusted correctly.

The NV 3500 is definitely not in the same class as your F350.  It may be a "1 ton" van but it is not in the same league as a 1 ton HD truck.    

Yes, I do use a WD hitch, and it helps a ton, just trying to get that extra bit better.  

Yes, I do use a WD hitch, and it helps a ton, just trying to get that extra bit better.  

If you want simple and dead reliable I recommend the Timbrens, just make sure they dont touch when unloaded.  They really cant fail even after years of use and they are inexpensive.  Air bags are great and super adjustable if you want to tinker but many just set and forget.

Ok, so i am sick of the rear ed of this beast always looking saggy. I have the Front-end leveling kit and with no weight it sits level, but with passengers, the boat, or trailer it drops too much.

I looked everywhere for a solution, but I don't like the idea of the Timbren's as they are way overpriced for a large "bumpstop"

I have had airbags on every tow rig I've owned for the last 15 years. But no one makes them for the NV3500, just the 2500.

Ok, with a full summer of towing behind me an getting flashed at "for having my brights on at night" i relented and ordered the 2500 Firestone kit #2551.

Put it on this morning and it fits like a glove!!!! I cannot wait to hook up the trailer and tow this weekend.

Now if i can just find a bigger tank the the puny piece of !@@#$%%^ fuel tank that comes in these Beasts.

post-1635-0-71454600-1504129228_thumb.jpg

post-1635-0-59890900-1504129239_thumb.jpg

post-1635-0-35202400-1504129249_thumb.jpg

post-1635-0-77912400-1504129277_thumb.jpg

Edited by Powertrip

Looks awesome! were they pretty easy to instal yourself? Do you have a link to where you bought them from? everywhere I look they either don't look right or are out of stock. 

Edited by RaisingRices