DesertTed

CRUNCH!!!

Hub backed into a covered parking spot today and marred beautiful Blanca's top right door and roof! Just enough that it leaked when he blasted a hose over the area after we got home. Even though it doesn't look too bad, it'll need to be fixed enough to stop leaking.

Anyone have a camera for the upper view when backing up? Just a thought.

While I'm at it, any suggestions for an auto body repair shop in Tucson?

Now that Blanca has been christened, I can create desert pinstripes with impunity!

We had measurable rain through the night and my repair with automotive gasket is effective, the entire area is bone dry. Phew! I wasn't looking forward with our daily driver in the shop for however long. Provided that the the integrity of the sealing is intact, we'll just put on some touch-up paint to prevent rust and not repair the dent for now. As I said in another post, if we do the body work, it'll invoke Murphy's Law and will dent it again.

That being said, I'm still interested in knowing if anyone else has had this happen and if anyone's put a camera or any device to protect the Hightop from trees and whatever else.

My coworker drives a NV3500HD Highroof cargo as well, and backed into the balcony of a motel's second floor! Yikes, it was bad. I'm interested in this second camera option too. I've heard there is a company that sells a 3rd brake light with the camera mounted in the middle of it. I don't have any more information on it but it would be worth looking into.

I would love to have a centred camera in the housing, and I'm sure it would show a much better view of what's behind you (and what you're about to crunch into, I've had some REALLY close calls myself!)

My coworker drives a NV3500HD Highroof cargo as well, and backed into the balcony of a motel's second floor! Yikes, it was bad. I'm interested in this second camera option too. I've heard there is a company that sells a 3rd brake light with the camera mounted in the middle of it. I don't have any more information on it but it would be worth looking into.

I would love to have a centred camera in the housing, and I'm sure it would show a much better view of what's behind you (and what you're about to crunch into, I've had some REALLY close calls myself!)

Wouldn't backup sensors, like in the rear bumper, be a better Warning signal, than a camera you have to watch?

Maybe both would be good though, since it sounds like a natural blind spot.

Wouldn't backup sensors, like in the rear bumper, be a better Warning signal, than a camera you have to watch?

Maybe both would be good though, since it sounds like a natural blind spot.

I put one of the RVSS 3rd brake light cameras on my high top, totally unhappy with the camera view. I do like the monitor with seperate switcher. Still looking for a full time rear view camera, it seems all the ones sold in the US are very wide angle, need a 60 or 90 degree for use as full time rear view. Plenty of them available in AU, NZ and UK, but stateside it seems only 120 degree or better are sold.