jaredg

Raised my Running Boards a touch

I installed a set of black Luverne O-Mega Step running boards earlier this year, but I've always felt that they hung down a little lower than I'd like. I had some time off over the holidays so I decided to raise them a bit. I ended up cutting the step mounts off the brackets and then welding them back on 2" higher. 

I'm pretty happy with it so far and I like the look a lot better. I think the original distance from the ground to the interior step (inside the front door) was 18". The unmodified running boards gave me a 10" step, then the remaining 8".  My modified mount has me at 12" / 6". 

The new photo isn't great, but you can get an idea of the look. 

Raised

med_gallery_899_64_242259.jpg

Original

med_gallery_899_64_1285755.jpg

I agree, it looks better the raised up. Dang that's a nice van....

Those low vans really look like a luxury SUV over twice the cost. I wish I could fit my motorcycle in one.

Those look really nice raised up.  Like the wheels you have on there too.  I wish we had more running board options.  With all of these being used as shuttles you'd think we would have more!

Way better!

Thanks. Ford has them available for the Transit, so I'm a little surprised Nissan doesn't have anything.

Aabel - I thought the Aluminess set that you were working on looked pretty good too.