Chrontar

anyone have espar or webasto?

So I just had an espar heater installed in my nv2500. I have a wood floor over the metal floor, and the guy who installed it didn't cut a chunk of the wood floor out, he mounted the espar to the wood floor. I am assuming its ok to be mounted to wood like that. Problem is, he sealed the unit to the wood floor, not the metal van floor, so water can still get in, underneath the wood. Does anyone have a suggestion to a type of material I should use to seal it up and the best way to do it? Thanks.

If you paid him good money to do the job and you don't feel he did a good job take it back and tell him.. what's fair is fair. 

Because its a 7 hour drive, lol. I don't feel like a 14 hour round trip if its something I can fix easily. Im thinking about using some high temp silicone to seal it up from the bottom.

I have a gas espar air heater installed in the back of my service van 3500 high roof. I mounted mine at the rear of the truck, inside and about 4 feet up, piped the exhaust through the floor and kicked out next to the tail pipe. I didn't seal the exhaust because I drileld a hole t'he same size OD as the exhaust pipe and shoved it through. My setup is a little different because that's the only spot I had space (mounted right above my compressor/welder/generator, fuel pickup installed in compressor tank). EDIT: In the compressor's gas tank, that is.

I would think that some high heat silicon or some of that exhaust gasket silicon would work for you. If you can get at it from underneath, load it up :)

I had one of those "smart" digital thermostats supplied with my heater, which I mounted in the rear cargo area (on the wall partition, behind the drivers seat, facing the cargo area). If you take that digital thermostat controller apart, you'll see 2 unused pins on the PCB board that you can solder leads to in order to add a microswitch for a "remote turn on switch". I mounted the remote switch in the front (on the wall partition too lol, but facing forward lol) so I can heat up the rear while enroute to my service calls. Definitely something to consider for the convenience, it works great. (The reason I didn't install the controller in the front was because I wanted it to sense the temp of the rear compartment, not the front where my van is already hot)

I've been in -40 degree Celcius temperatures in northern ontario wearing a tshirt in the back. Those heaters really put out some heat!!!!!! My tools are always warm and dry, bonus.

Edited by JackMan

How did you run fuel to the heater?