Ryan Stotts

Bazooka Tube install

In the past decades; I've installed various head units, amps, speakers, and subs into various vehicles.

I've never had a bazooka tube before; but have always been intrigued by them.  I like the packaging and integrated amp. 

I'm at a loss as far as getting access to the audio signal.  Would like to do it cleanly and proper and not butcher up the factory harness.

Picture of the speaker plug in the door and of the connector at the head unit.  Wish I had a better pic showing the shrouding of the wires.

IMG_2407.jpg IMG_2408.jpg IMG_2409.jpg IMG_2427.jpg 

Would like a Y or T type cable to plug into the head unit.  Or maybe something for the speakers.  Not sure I'd find anything tracing the wires up stream.

Any option besides those wire taps?

What does your factory stereo look like and do you have any steering wheel controls and blue tooth? 

It's just the plain radio and 2 door speakers. It only has a line in jack. No controls on the wheel.

IMG_2406.jpg

Edited by Ryan Stotts

To make it easier and not hack up the factory wiring you can buy an aftermarket stereo and get the wiring harness adapter that just plugs in to your original harness and then gives you instructions on how to wire to your new head unit and then you can just run rca cables to the sub woofer and a power and remote wire for it too i would run the main power wire for the subwoofer from the battery and make it a heavier gauge wire. hth

Edited by trdriver71