Alan G.

Deactivate the alarm system

How can I deactivate the alarm system for a HD 2500??

What's wrong? You should have the latest and greatest. Is it a worthwhile option? Alarm system is number one priority, and Nissan should have better than most since it's Japanese,but it's design stopped after it's model year market introduction day probably. Crooks and 3rd party alarm designers never quit; and i want a competitive alarm.

The Viper seems to be used a lot (or I hear their alarm cycles in the ghetto constantly, but they could just be pissing off their neighbors!), I heard recently the auto-door  opener and startup could be mapped by a nearby pc: to rip your car off! The Viper does not look expensive w/o auto-start and unlock options as well (esp. if it would be safer w/o those alarm features!). I guess an automatic 15 round Glock pistol with red-eye sites would not hurt though :-o

But I am confident, the best is not an oem alarm: no matter how good it is comparatively with other trucks (even other Jap trucks too.) For only several hundred dollars more, 3rd party cameras and alarms would definitely be worth the premium imo. Best Buys near LA does not even have anyone in the mobile alarm or solar power products dept. Other employees sitting around not doing anything else, just keep referring you to an area no one from Best Buys is at :-(

Can we ban this crack pot from posting? ☝