Rollinghaus

Installing marine ply flooring over stock floor and padding

Just picked up a 2017 nv2500 tallboy. Designing the build and wonder what you all think about installing a 1/2" marine ply floor over the stock 1" padding/ 1/8" rubber mat flooring. I figure to secure cabinetry I need a solid base to install attachment points.

Didn't see this post... Mahu has documented his build; great cabinet builder. He opted not to have a pass through via the rear door. Tim Lutz on instagram has a pass through build; he has a blog but it is not updated as often as Instagram. He is pretty close to full time.

Others will chime in.

Rollinghaus, Did you check out the rubber coated plywood flooring from inlad. Reminds me of loncoin (? spelling) an optional flooring offered by van converters. We have the standard marine coating is our van. It is a little rough to touch.

The rubber coating put on the step added by SMB over the Nissan step wore through. I brushed on pickup bed coating. It has some texture to it and has lasted. Don't know why SMB put this step in as it adds about 2" to the step up. We use the grab handle often.