Has anyone went with Halogen bulbs versus LEDS? Seems a lot easier and a cheaper option. The factory bulbs are very dim! Thanks.

I agree. Auto parts stores have quite a few bulb options that are worth trying.

Since we do very little night time driving, we haven't made the switch. When one fails we will.

I just switched to the Philips XtremeVision 9008/H13 bulbs and am quite pleased with them. Super easy to change on the NV. I liked them so much that I also ordered new H11's to replace the fog lights.

Very helpful, thank you both for your reply. On the NV facebook page one gentleman recommended the following: BROVIEW S7 9008 H13 LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit - 50W 8000Lumen 6500K White LED Replacement Headlights with Lumileds Chip - (2pcs/set).

LED's are bright, but unless you have the proper housing, you will get worse illumination and blind oncoming drivers. 

I wasn't into retrofitting so I went with Philips Crystal Vision (on Tundra, not NV). From what I understand, ExtremeVision is somewhat better in terms of illumination, but CrystalVision is whiter.

LED's are bright, but unless you have the proper housing, you will get worse illumination and blind oncoming drivers. 

I wasn't into retrofitting so I went with Philips Crystal Vision (on Tundra, not NV). From what I understand, ExtremeVision is somewhat better in terms of illumination, but CrystalVision is whiter.

Thank you, I will do some research on these Phillips bulbs.

ExtremeVision is supposed to be their brightest halogen.  I have run them in the NV and they are a little better than new stock bulbs.  H13 bulbs are not the greatest in the first place and we have terrible housings.  The lights on the NV are one sore spot since day one of ownership since I live on a pretty dark, fast, two lane country road with lots of animals (deer, fox, coyote, etc).  If you want a direct drop in legal bulb I dont believe there is anything better than the ExtremeVision now.  Philips used to make another but it is discontinued.

LED just do not work in reflector housings.  You are only emitting light from one side of the "bulb" vs. 360 degrees with a filament style.  You really need the correct housings to get LED to work right.

I have been running HID for a long while now and I am pretty happy with them but they required some tweaking to get the beam right.  First off I went with 4300k color which is the brightest by lumen you can get and the most natural.  Anything lower goes yellow and higher turns bluer.  Most HID bulbs are two pieces so they can easily sell them.  There is a base that fits into your housing and then a generic bulb that fits the base.  I wanted to tweak the exact location of the HID arc since I was getting too much scatter.  I took the bulb base off, ground off the tabs that held it in only one position and then was able to rotate or slide in and out of the housing to get the best pattern possible.  Messed with each bulb for about 30 minutes and used a dab of hot glue to see how I liked it driving.  Once I was happy with position I used a CA hobby glue (basically superglue) to permanently mount the base to the bulb.  I also labeled them Left and Right since they were tweaked for the housing.  

Low beam results are great.  Excellent coverage, no glare and no shadows or cool spots in the pattern.  The high beams are a different story and I have little control over the pattern.  The bulbs use a magnet to draw the bulb back to mimic a high beam filament.  Works just OK at best.  Low beams are good enough that I have been running them.

Eventually I plan on adding aux high beams either to my roof rack or bumper.  I will disable the relay to trigger the magnet in the HID and use that trigger wire to control a relay for the aux high beams.

I also used XtremeVision. They are a lot better than the stock bulbs.

Kind of happy this was bumped back up, I have been experimenting withe LED's since the new designs have come out with adjustable bases and built in shields for glare and pattern.  My HID's died and I didnt feel like messing with alignment again.  I also never liked their high beam pattern.

I can say do NOT get the Auxbeam lights.  They are triangular in design and throw spot beam of light.  There is almost no spread and you really cant adjust them to get rid of that pattern.  They went back immediately.

I am currently trying out the Nineo brand from Amazon.  They are the same as several others, just different names on the box.  They have a built in shield for the low beams to get a better pattern and reduce glare.  So far they are working well but I really had to lower my housing alignment.  Once I did that the pattern looks decent with just a few cool spots.  They are very bright.  The bonus - they have a great high beam pattern.  They really throw some light in a nice beam down the road.  I did align them ever so slightly off the way they come but it was easy.  Most lights including the Auxbeam have a setscrew you can take out to adjust the orientation.  

I plan on running with these a while especially with the time change and getting dark so much earlier.  I'll see how they do in the next week or two.

Kind of happy this was bumped back up, I have been experimenting withe LED's since the new designs have come out with adjustable bases and built in shields for glare and pattern.  My HID's died and I didnt feel like messing with alignment again.  I also never liked their high beam pattern.

I can say do NOT get the Auxbeam lights.  They are triangular in design and throw spot beam of light.  There is almost no spread and you really cant adjust them to get rid of that pattern.  They went back immediately.

I am currently trying out the Nineo brand from Amazon.  They are the same as several others, just different names on the box.  They have a built in shield for the low beams to get a better pattern and reduce glare.  So far they are working well but I really had to lower my housing alignment.  Once I did that the pattern looks decent with just a few cool spots.  They are very bright.  The bonus - they have a great high beam pattern.  They really throw some light in a nice beam down the road.  I did align them ever so slightly off the way they come but it was easy.  Most lights including the Auxbeam have a setscrew you can take out to adjust the orientation.  

I plan on running with these a while especially with the time change and getting dark so much earlier.  I'll see how they do in the next week or two.

@ASD Dad, Are you still liking the Nineo LEDs? I only see them offered in 6500K, is that what you have?

@ASD Dad, Are you still liking the Nineo LEDs? I only see them offered in 6500K, is that what you have?

I still have my original Nineo's installed.  Like them!  Zero issues and I use them a lot with all our dark back roads.  I still think I want to add a lightbar or some other lights but I have been happy with these.  I even got a second set in case I do have issues since a lot of these companies can come and go quickly.

Sounds like you haven't had any CAN-BUS errors which cause blinking or flashing, correct? I see they sell a resistor that supposedly takes care of the problem:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072KK8LLL/ref=pe_2640190_232586610_pd_te_s_mr_ti/134-4380439-4938700?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B072KK8LLL&pd_rd_r=06RBX32ZMQH9GMFH2YEN&pd_rd_w=tdadm&pd_rd_wg=c4hBa

But if you have had no problem, then it isn't needed.  Thanks.

None.  I dont believe we need a CAN BUS system on our vans.  We're still pretty old tech vs. most vehicles!

@ASD Dad, I installed a pair of the Nineo's, but the DRL lights (daytime running lights) don't come on, do they on yours? The low and high beam does, but not the DRLs. I like that function, so I wish it did function, maybe the LEDs just don't like the lower voltage.

@ASD Dad, I installed a pair of the Nineo's, but the DRL lights (daytime running lights) don't come on, do they on yours? The low and high beam does, but not the DRLs. I like that function, so I wish it did function, maybe the LEDs just don't like the lower voltage.

Take a look at my sig line - one of the first things I did was disable my DRLs.  HID kits dont play nice with DRL voltages and I ran HID's a long while before switching to LED.  I personally also dont like the DRL's the way Nissan uses them in the NV (running low voltage through the bulb).

LED/HID has no way of running as a DRL that way, they are either on or off.  You cant dim HID and dimming LED would make even more heat absorbing the voltage.

What is weird is NO NV that I see running around, none, have DRL's.  Mine did when it was new.  Not a single model I have seen have them on - FedEx carriers, contractors or the many new NV's I have seen lately.

For the 2018 NV Passenger - By far these were the easiest to change and took 5 mins at most. Unlike GM / Ram where you have to disassemble the front end, pull the grill off and disconnect stuff in the wheel wells! 

- Healight H13
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077T1MWV8

- Fog lights H11
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LCE19OI

I have had many different types of LED lights that I have bought for about 8 different vehicles. Hands down these are the best LED Lights for the money!  

How do they act with the stock wiring, with daytime running lights?

Cant speak about that brand but all the brands I tried including the ones I am using (Nineo I think) work just fine with the factory harness.  

I deleted my DRL's within the first week of ownership by pulling the fuse.  I hate the dim highbeam DRL look and option on vehicles.  

I know you’ve posted about this, but I forget..... are the drl’s on their own circuit, so just a simple fuse pull does it?

I know you’ve posted about this, but I forget..... are the drl’s on their own circuit, so just a simple fuse pull does it?

Correct!  The fuse is a pain to get to though, it is under the main fuse panel in the engine compartment in a second fuse panel.  I honestly cant recall the fuse/relay number.

OK, found it from old post.

I personaly hate the DRL's on my van, if you do too it's very easy to turn them off.  Under the hood, locate the fuse panels on the passenger side, open the one closest to the firewall (main fuse panel) and pull out the tray of fuses (there are tabs on either side and lift it up and out), locate the DRL fuse (F3, DTRL RELAY PWR), pull it out and no more DRL's and no warning lights on the dash.

Does anyone know where I can find instructions or a video on how to change the main /Low headlight bulb on a 2015 NVP 3500?

what a lame forum.

I gave you a detailed reply on your OTHER thread with the exact same question that you replied to already. What exactly makes this forum "lame" when your answers are given?  The answer is also given and illustrated in the owners manual of your van...

Edited by ASD Dad

I don’t mean to come across harsh, but if you can’t figure out how to replace a headlight bulb on a NVp3500, you might want to stop trying to fix things yourself right there. It has to be one of the easiest light bulbs to change I have ever done.