Spacecaptain

A/C blower blowing 15a fuses?

I recently had a my VBC (variable blower control) "resistor" fail and i easily replaced it with a new one to remedy the problem.

Weeks later, i found the blower set on max would ramp down in RMP for a moment before kicking back into full speed, it would do this momentarily every couple minutes. I didnt think much of it until one morning turning on the A/C resulted in a quiet audible "pop", sure enough the 15a blower fuse beneath the steering collumn was out. I replaced it with another only to have it pop instantly as well. I have gone thru a couple packs of fuses trying to diagnose what is overloading it with no sucess.

I recently changed my headlights to H13 LED's but the lamps did not have proper DRL, causing the headlights to flicker on and off. I did not change them out in time and now the DRL's do not work at all. The F3 10a fuse (DRL relay fuse) under the hood was not popped, yet still no DRL.  Changing back to stock halogen lamps, no working day-running lights.

The 15a fuse under the steering collumn was fuse-tapped to accomodate a rear view screen (auto on/off with ignition) and it has worked great for almost a year.

Removing both the headlamps and fuse-tap for rearview still result in a blown 15a fuse when the A/C blower is turned on.

My best guess is that the fried DRL system (fuse is fine?!) is somehow the larger culprit

Thoughts?

Edited by Spacecaptain