buffguy

Any body change for Nissan NV Passenger 2018 and 2019 model?

Since they added the new engine and trans for 2017 model and the current body has been out since 2012.  Do you guys think that nissan will incorporate the new titan body style and interior to future NV models?  Is there going to be a new body change or interior  for 2018 or 2019 model?   

No. 

As a utility van mostly, that has been converted to a family vehicle, they won't update the body. It is a great van. My family loves ours. I don't see enough demand to warrant a change. Don't really think it is all that needed either. I would make the front a bit tougher looking if I had my choice, but my money is on no changes. 

Service manager at Future Nissan in Roseville was telling me that they are considering stretching it 12-14 inches. Apparently that's the most requested change by commercial operators. Who know if/when they'd implement that change.

I wish they'd take the NV or the new Titan, either with the Cummins under the hood, and sell it as a cab chassis. I'd love to make that package into a 12' box truck for our business...

I just purchased a 2017 NV3500 SL off the lot.  Before I did I scoured the web and read all the professional reviews and even talked to Nissan Dealers and it seems the answer is NO to any changes from 2017 to 2018.  The all definitely said that the engine and drive train will stay the same and the exterior would not change.  Maybe a little change to the interior but they were betting on absolutely no change.  One professional source indicated that they were working on a hybrid/electric version and a diesel engine version but felt that would be a few years out.

Based on that info I decided to buy a 2017 at a year end clearance sale.  Lol - my luck would have the diesel come out in 2018.

Edited by macroman

but you don't want to buy a first year diesel engine anyways. wait for model year 2.

Pretty sure we'll see a stretched a diesel in 2-3 years.

I heard something from the salesman at my dealership is changes are due in 2021 so i would think that is when you will see the longer version and the diesel and i wouldn't be worried about getting it as it has been out for years already and toyota is going to use the exact same engine and transmission in the tundra as well so that should tell you a lot about the engine.