Hi, I have the 2500 high roof and had issues with driving slow and shifting faster then it should. Took to to dealer and they installed new software and seems to be better

Hi All:  I would be curious to know what your build date is on your NVs.  Mine has a build date of June 2017 and I have not experienced any issues (build date can be found on the driver side door were the GVWR is listed).  As I was reading through all the posts I was thinking "software update" and I was happy to see that @Quiet7 issues were resolved.  Hopefully everyone else gets things sorted out to their satisfaction.

One thing I am finding about the NV3500 is that the sales people, service advisors and even some of the mechanics are not at all knowledgeable about the NV.  I love my NV but I am a bit dissapointed with the lack of expertise Nissan shows in regards to the NV - at least in my area - Southern Ontario.

Don't know if this will be of help - sounds like there are a couple of service bulletins that describe what is occurring on these posts'  Good luck.

https://www.vehiclehistory.com/reports/free-reviews-complaints-report/nhtsa-service-bulletins.php?make=nissan&model=nv+passenger&year=2017

I have a brand new 2017 NV-P 3500 SL with seems to have a transmission shifting issue....It will run up to 4000 RPM before shifting gears..  not in Manual mode...does it when hot ....after exiting the freeway and when slowing it will down shift but will rev up to 400 rpm before shifting.  Almost like it's slipping but not..  anyone elas have had this experience?

I did with my 2017 NV3500 SL (7spd). Dealer said there was a bulletin to adjust software. Seems to be OK now. Only 500 miles on odometer. ;)

Edited by Bro@home

I purchased a 2017 Nissan NV 3500 V8 in July. At 2,700 miles the transmission started hiccuping, revving, going nowhere from a complete stop. We thought maybe we hit something, like the tow feature. We also thought that it only seemed to happen when the air conditioning was on. Whatever the case, we took it in and received a refurbished new transmission. Now it is October, and at 4,800 miles the same issues happened again. Hiccupping, revving, going almost nowhere from a complete stop. We had to get over 40 mph for it to even kick into second gear. RPM's shooting up way high. I took it in.....guess what? Transmission failure. My dealership (Dont start me) says that there is paperwork with Nissan that they are filling out and that a mechanic from Nissan has to come out and look at it to help determine what failed. Just a guess? I'll be told that I need a 2nd new transmission from Nissan with less than 5,000 miles on the vehicle. So, my nice $35,000+ new van, I've had in service for over 2 weeks total. THIS time I did ask for a vehicle to use from the dealership. 

Is yours a 7 Spd like mine? I had same issues @ 500 mi and dealer had a bulletin to reset software. Seems to be OK but only 1,000 mi now. Is back in dealer for wet padding under right front passenger floor. 2nd time in a 1,000 mi I am without my vehicle.

Edited by Bro@home

Don't know if this will be of help - sounds like there are a couple of service bulletins that describe what is occurring on these posts'  Good luck.

https://www.vehiclehistory.com/reports/free-reviews-complaints-report/nhtsa-service-bulletins.php?make=nissan&model=nv+passenger&year=2017

I did with my 2017 NV3500 SL (7spd). Dealer said there was a bulletin to adjust software. Seems to be OK now. Only 500 miles on odometer.  ;)

Bro@home - when did you buy your 2017? I bought mine in Oct and vehicle was built in June. No issues. I wonder if nissan caught this issue and later 2017 where built with updated software.

Hi All:  I would be curious to know what your build date is on your NVs.  Mine has a build date of June 2017 and I have not experienced any issues (build date can be found on the driver side door were the GVWR is listed).  As I was reading through all the posts I was thinking "software update" and I was happy to see that @Quiet7 issues were resolved.  Hopefully everyone else gets things sorted out to their satisfaction.

One thing I am finding about the NV3500 is that the sales people, service advisors and even some of the mechanics are not at all knowledgeable about the NV.  I love my NV but I am a bit dissapointed with the lack of expertise Nissan shows in regards to the NV - at least in my area - Southern Ontario.

My 3500 SL I believe was built also in June @ Canton OH. @ the dealer now for a second problem (see other posts on Bro@home)

I agree regarding service advisors and sales staffs knowledge of their product. The first service advisor I dealt with stated on the phone that my vehicle only had a single engine powered fan, when in fact the V8 also has an electric cooling fan.

Bro@home - when did you buy your 2017? I bought mine in Oct and vehicle was built in June. No issues. I wonder if nissan caught this issue and later 2017 where built with updated software.

Likewise; took delivery Oct and built in June. Mine was shipped to N. Florida from a Tennessee dealer. Had to wait a week & half for delivery. Trans software update would only be done is my guess if the selling dealer checked for any service bulletins before delivery. 

So far I don't have a lot of confidence in Nissan build quality. Dealer  ;) .

Are any of you following up on this with Nissan Commercial Consumer Affairs? Dealers are giving mixed messages about how to fix this. Is there a service bulletin or not?

Same for quality issues...

I know you have posted this several times. Thanks.

If I owned a 2017 NVP (no issues with cargo?), I would go to the dealership with this in hand at the next service or problem and have them verify all have been fixed.

If I were buying, I would do the same and not take delivery until fixes have been verified.

As far as the service departments who were clueless, I would avoid them and contact customer affairs...

Only problem with avoiding clueless dealerships. You don't have much choice in many areas. In my geographical area I have 1 dealer. Next closest is about 1.5 hours. That's one big downside with the NV, commercial dealers only.

True. We are in the same situation. It may be time to resurrect and update the list of dealerships that have offered good service. The problem is where is it...

The only solution is to deal directly with the service manager. Some dealerships are upfront with email and phone numbers; others you have to dig a bit. Generally, they are receptive.

I like the idea of a dealer list. I'm in southern Ontario and I don't think there are too many NV passengers in my area. Before I purchased my NV I did an interview with the service department of several dealerships. Why, the Nissan Dealer in my city (10 minutes from me) had their commercial vehicle division pulled from them by Nissan. Doesn't leave one with a good feeling. So far I have been dealing with one in a neighbouring city that's on my way to work. They are new to the commercial side and learning but they seem to be willing to go that extra mile. They don't seem to have all the answers up front but quite good at getting them and fast. So if the dealer list does show I can put my two cents worth of comments in for sure.

Edited by macroman

Good to know Nissan Commercial will revoke a “CVD”. Wonder if existing dealerships are aware of this. All the more reason to complain, but also contact consumer affairs when as you put it a new dealership “goes the extra mile.”

The list was found but needs updating.

I will be following up radin2son on my Trans issue and a leak. I'm really disenchanted with Nissan and dealer right now. A thousand mi and they had my vehicle tied up for 6 days. They couldn't find the leak so I demanded they put it back together so I could have it FOR T/G weekend. I found and temporarily fixed the leak in a half hour. I still however love my van and am sure they will pay more attention in the future after they hear from me. I have a lot more to add and will continue to post as time and events allow.

Great forum.

K, I. T.

Have you brought your van back to the dealer and had them fix it yet bro@home? just wondering 

Hi, I have a 2017 NV 2500 and I had problem taking off slow the transmission would like over shift. It would be in 4th gear going 20 mph. I took it to dealer and they said there was a computer problem and they downloaded new software. Still drives the same. I hate the van because of how it shifts and if they don't have a fix for it I will Never buy a Nissan product again. I'm a Toyota guy all my life and Never had a problem.

Can am - Sorry the repair did not work out for you. I have attached a photo of the latest service bulletin for the tranny malfunction on the NV2500 and NV3500. Sorry the pic quality is not great. I am not sure if a visit back to the dealer (or another one) may be in order. I wonder if they were working off an "old fix" and we're not able to get it right. Several others I know of had this bulletin and they were all fixed up with everything running as it should. Assuming that a commercial dealer is not too far away I would give it a second go. I hope this helps and good luck.

post-2364-0-10522900-1513525461_thumb.jpg

This really stinks to read this. Our 2016 is our first Nissan from a long line of Toyotas and we couldn't be happier.

It sounds like growing pains that come along with a new drivetrain, but Nissan should have a better solution. Sadly the nv is such a small segment of the market that it probably won't get the attention it needs.

Again though, our van has been nothing short of fantastic, I just wish we were closer to the dealer we bought it from. The one close to us is meh.

Just had the NTB17-105A ECM update applied on 01/05/18. I was experiencing the loud fan noise and long 1 to 2 shifts, about every 10-15 starts or so. Most of the time it was during a cold start. The loud fan issue would occur after a hard brake too. I put about 510 miles on since then, so far it has been good. Only time will tell if that actually fixes the issue.

Also - Seems to correct the problem with it automatically shifting into too high a gear at low speed. The computer calculated range is also higher from 405 miles to 430 miles for a full tank.