Hello all - I was approved to be a site Mod here!  As most of you know I am pretty active here and try and check in at least daily if not multiple times a day.  Only time I am not around as much is when we are on vacation and away from internet.  Hopefully this means I can zap those pesky spammers quickly!  I am not sure if you report them if I receive that report or just the site Admin but since I am on the site I can see the spam as easily as anyone else.

Things I CAN do (so far) - delete posts/topics, pin or sticky a post/topic, move posts/topics, etc.

I can NOT do things like make a new forum or things like that, only Admin can do it.  I was hoping for a Classifieds Section still and will ask again.  

I will Not be censoring or anything like that.  All members are free to speak their opinions.  NO personal attacks will be tolerated.  NO spamming will be tolerated.  You'll get a warning and your post will be gone unless you modify it.  I made all this clear when I signed on to be a mod with the Admin of the site.  

That being said and out of the way:

Give me some feedback if you have any on what you would like to see done (that I can do).  I do not have a quick personal shot to the Admin, I have to go through the same channels you all do so I cant just whip something up.  What I can do is look into cleaning things up by getting topics in the right place or pinning those that get searched or asked about all the time by new members.  

First one I thought of moving and pinning was the wheel/tire thread that is growing.  A lot of great posts and topics are getting hidden.  One recent one was all about Dynamat.  It is in the wheel thread and will never be seen.  There are many others but please let me know and I'll see what I can or cant do.  

I know this site is not big or super busy but hopefully I can organize it a bit better if possible and zap the spammers quicker.  Please post your ideas here or you can PM if you want to keep things out of the public viewing.

I don't have any feedback per say, but want to thank you for being a moderator and being a contributor to the site, we are happy to have you here!

Thanks for the work ASD Dad.

Classifieds will only work well if posts include "sold." Should this topic only be open to NV owners?

Will you be able to redirect posts to the correct topic? Most questions have already been asked and answered. This way the person will not be ignored or get shorted...

New owners and/or researchers, keep the posts coming and ask questions in your initial or subsequent posts under your intro post. With the collective memories of ASD Dad and regulars we may be able to direct you. Maybe.

ASD Dad, nice to have you as a forum mod.

Is there a way to see more than 5 items in recent topics?

I use the View New Content tab on the main site and mobile and I can see a couple pages worth.  Almost all are read but that is what I use to check any updates or new posts.  I have it set to view the past month.

Thanks for being the mod for us. I have no particular feed back, i like the forum. I think this forum will be picking up too because i been asked about my van a lot and its just the strip down model with a low budget conversion. I think these are taking off

ASD Dad, Sonce you are justifiably moving items for to Classifieds, I think WTB should go there as well. In the case of the seats, wtb prompted the for sale post...

rad - I cant add forums or make actual site modifications like that, only the site Admin can.  You're more than welcome to contact them!  

I meant moving web posts to the 2 classified sections already established... The post regarding wtb a used van could be moved from the buying leasing section.

I have been visiting this site since 2014 when we got our NV 3500 passenger van.

It has proven to be very useful dealing with special issues with our van.

For example, I am running lower than recommended tires pressures for a better ride since I don't carry heavy loads.

That helps greatly reduce the characteristic stiff ride of this heavy duty vehicle.

Second I spend a lot of time, including with dealers, struggling to reduce a very bother-some rattle in our sliding door.

Finally got a solution from this site.

Our dealer was unaware of the fix.

There is an adjustment built into the the door allowing moving a pair of aligning pins in the door.

After moving and greasing them my rattle is gone!

A valuable thing; a site that yields such useful information.

I plan to continue and to contribute if ever i have an insight.

Great update. What psi do you run? OEM tires?

The Nissan dealership in nearby Port Angeles had an SMB forever until moving it to their RV lot. Assume it sold, but SMB owners don’t show up here, until recently.

No 2019 link?

Need to add 5.6 “old” and 5.6 “new” or whatever code Nissan uses to differentiate the 2 engines and transmissions.

Sorry, that is above my pay grade here.  I have mod privileges but cant do any actual site work.  There is one or two guys that do that in the background.  I will message them and see what happens.

I knew that but you have some access to the 1 or 2 who can do the upgrades.

Both are pretty basic; you would think it would be automatic.

I haven’t noticed any other changes.

I’m happy with the site. Over the past few years I find myself here a few times a week at least. I wish I had some helpful advice, but I’m generally happy with how it’s been. Good work!

I did send a note to the site admin about adding some new channels for the newer NV's.  Especially the motor and transmission.  We'll see what happens.

Thanks.

I agree with AG. Wish more would participate...

We can make changes right away.   What new forum title sections should be added?

No 2019 link?

Need to add 5.6 “old” and 5.6 “new” or whatever code Nissan uses to differentiate the 2 engines and transmissions.

2019+ should have it's own 5.6L section?

Hey Robert, thanks for checking in after getting my message.

2017 was the year they changed to a different 5.6L and the 7 speed transmission. So 2017+ would be good on both.

Not sure what else people may want so I will let them chime in.

Hey Robert, thanks for checking in after getting my message.

2017 was the year they changed to a different 5.6L and the 7 speed transmission. So 2017+ would be good on both.

Not sure what else people may want so I will let them chime in.

Added the 2019 section

Added the 5.6L 2017+ section too

Edited by Robert

No one has mentioned this as problem, but I can’t open Classified on mobile or the full site. It says there are 42 and 4 topics but none will open. The exception on the full site are the most recent posts, seats and NV for sale.

Classifieds have been glitchy since day one.  Sometimes they work but it is normally as you describe of just the most recent posts open.  Not sure what is going on, that is a programming/site admin side of things.  I will send a note to admin again.