What is going on with this site? It shut down for awhile and there are some strange changes in words. cana^

Edited by radin2son

I noticed it shut down, and was afraid it would never emerge again :(

To be honest, I have no idea.  I thought the site went down forever when it was down the last few days.

Well if this site ever disappeared for good, just know that I enjoy this site and appreciate the useful, if sparse, info on it! And I can always be reached at andy_george@yahoo.com.

I reached out to the head guy here about the outage and will report back if I hear anything.

It would be nice if someone involved with the NV program would read this forum. I have a lot of ideas and this vehicle has huge untapped market potential.

It is a wonder that Nissan came up with such s good vehicle on the first try.

Is there an issue with attaching photos?

Any word on what is going on? It is hardly worth posting...

Not a peep from admin.  Guessing site doesnt get enough traffic to bother paying to keep it open (just my personal guess)

Is there any interest among frequent users to keep in contact via email as andy_george suggested? Some of us already have done this.

What would make the site disappear? Someone pulling the plug? An outage that just never gets resolved?

Does keeping the site cost the head guy or Nissan any money or resources?

What would make the site disappear? Someone pulling the plug? An outage that just never gets resolved?

Does keeping the site cost the head guy or Nissan any money or resources?

Site normally goes down when the server goes down.  Could be anything from a tech outage to somebody not paying the fees to keep it up.  Hosting costs money of course and unless the admin just has spare money around I am guessing they only make money with the ads and click throughs.

I dont believe this site is affiliated with Nissan officially at all.  I honestly dont know who started it, I just have a contact name.  I have not heard back from that person.

FYI - the admin has not been on this site since mid May.

Edited by ASD Dad

Still no reply back from Admin.  I sort of feel like this site is dying which is a big bummer.

I was wrong in my post above.  Last time my contact was on this site was in MARCH, not May...  So they have not been around a very long time.

Edited by ASD Dad

I see you were able to add horizontal and vertical photos.

ASD has been AFK for over a year, so I have the watch.  Hope he's out there having a blast in his NV.  Basically, I have the same privileges he mentioned above.  The anti-spam stuff here actually seems to work REALLY well as far as forums go, so I've been cleaning house in other ways...started by moving all the threads out of feedback to the appropriate forums.  Keep flagging spammers if they find their way in, and if you guys spot double posts or something that is [blatantly] in the wrong category, feel free to flag that too and it'll go to my queue for review.  It is my intention to continue to remain active and hopefully grow the forum participation as well.

-laf

When you move posts for whatever reason, add a post to let them know why. People either don’t read or to be kinder can’t find what they are looking for. The latter is an admin problem. 

I’ve posted a few duplicates, that I wish I could correct. Can’t, so I edit and replace the duplicate with something new, not necessarily important. 

I suspect this forum is part of a much larger site of vehicle forums. I unsubscribed vanlife and found sportsmobile was part of the same larger group. The “new” SMB forum, mostly Ford,” seems muted. The former admin was blunt, particularly when someone joined simply to sell their van. (That’s not a problem here.  So few show up.) 

My main gripe has nothing to do with the site and everything to do with people who seek help then disappear. Continue your status update posts. 

That should about do it...

Welp.  The problem with leaving a link to the new location is it does nothing to solve the clutter issue.  Before I started, the "Nissan NV Forum, Feedback and Help" section was 5 pages long.  Now it is 2 pages, and things have been put in their place.  Unfortunately, people don't seem to bother to scroll down to the appropriate section and miss the giant red disclaimer at the top.  I am hoping to move that section to the bottom of the subforum listings to help alleviate the issue.  Luckily, there are myriad ways for people to find their content, regardless of where I put it but, like you said, it is unfortunately the case that people rarely come back to check anyway.  In my attempts to get in touch with Admin, I can tell you that yes, the operator of this site runs a number of others as well.  Whether or not SMB is one of them, I do not know.

- laf

2 hours ago, radin2son said:

I’ve posted a few duplicates, that I wish I could correct. Can’t, so I edit and replace the duplicate with something new, not necessarily important. 

There is no time limit on my ability to edit posts, so you can DM me if you time out and need something fixed.  I can also hide threads/posts.

No problem with not adding “it moved” post. Good luck getting admin to make the location change. 

If the fix for posting profile posts is making the image smaller, I can do that. I must have done that in the past.

Hey everyone!  Long time never talk.  Funny I still had this thread subscribed and got notifications today.

I still have my NV but it sits 95% of the time in my driveway shelter.  We only use it to tow our camper.  I drive way too much (20K+ miles per year) to be driving a big van around everywhere sucking down expensive gas.  I now drive a plug-in hybrid (Honda Clarity) that gets me around 2000-3000 miles per tank of gas and that tank is only 6 gallons.  Much better on my wallet!  

We do occasionally use it to take the whole family out (us and grandparents) but it mostly sits all sad in its shelter.  We do still camp a lot so it is driven but that is pretty much it.  Still love the van and would have bought a diesel version if they ever made it.  Just going to keep it until it dies or we stop camping right now!  

As for the site moderation, I can be removed if I havent been already.  This site had so little traffic for so long I sort of gave up even when I was still driving the NV more often.  Hope all is well with everyone!  

22 minutes ago, ASD Dad said:

Hey everyone!  Long time never talk.  Funny I still had this thread subscribed and got notifications today.

I still have my NV but it sits 95% of the time in my driveway shelter.  We only use it to tow our camper.  I drive way too much (20K+ miles per year) to be driving a big van around everywhere sucking down expensive gas.  I now drive a plug-in hybrid (Honda Clarity) that gets me around 2000-3000 miles per tank of gas and that tank is only 6 gallons.  Much better on my wallet!  

We do occasionally use it to take the whole family out (us and grandparents) but it mostly sits all sad in its shelter.  We do still camp a lot so it is driven but that is pretty much it.  Still love the van and would have bought a diesel version if they ever made it.  Just going to keep it until it dies or we stop camping right now!  

As for the site moderation, I can be removed if I havent been already.  This site had so little traffic for so long I sort of gave up even when I was still driving the NV more often.  Hope all is well with everyone!  

Yoooooo!  Welcome back!  I feel ya' on the mileage...my DD is a hand-me-down honda fit that crests 40mpg if I keep my foot out of it.  Glad to hear you're still kicking around in the van.  Pop in from time to time and post up some pics of you out camping, if you think about it.  

2 hours ago, radin2son said:

If the fix for posting profile posts is making the image smaller, I can do that. I must have done that in the past.

Yah just checked, keep shrinking until you meet the following:  "Max file size 0.05MB"