asnv

Passenger Side Mirror with Convex (not flat) glass

Anyone know where I can get a towing-style passenger side mirror with Convex glass?

All the ones I've seen for sale on eBay have flat glass, but some sellers have photos of Convex style mirrors, so I know they existed at some point (but none have it for sale).

Is it a different part number maybe? I've been searching for "NI1321222".

Not sure what you mean, do you want convex glass on both parts of the mirror?  You should have a flat glass upper with convex lower.  I dont think I have ever seen any towing mirror that has convex on both, that is not the point of a towing mirror.

The smaller convex mirror is your wide angle to check blindspots and the lane next to you.  The larger flat mirror is set to see the side of your vehicle/trailer and even a little behind your vehicle.  

If this is your first time using dual glass tow mirrors I admit it looks very strange and will take a while to adjust but once you do going back to a single small mirror will drive you crazy.

Yah, I meant convex on both parts. Like this picture: http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/z~IAAOSws1ZZuReA/s-l1600.jpg(well, I assume it's convex from the "closer than they appear" text).

I bought the mirror from that eBay seller, but the one that came did not have the text (and was flat glass).

As I said above, I havent seen a towing mirror with dual convex glass.  They all have one large flat piece and one smaller convex wide angle.  There is a reason they are made that way.

http://www.allaboutcampers.com/trailer-mirror-adjustment/

Edited by ASD Dad

I'm assuming that pic was a photoshop. I've also NEVER seen the top mirror convex, in any application.

Thank you for the replies, I guess that means I'll stop trying to find what doesn't exist LOL.

I appreciate it, and thanks for that link on adjusting the mirrors (although I rarely tow, I guess I can use the same ideas for regular driving as well).