chphilo

States your van has visited

I thought it would be fun to see where everyone else have traveled in their van. (I am copying this idea from another forum)

This website (https://www.amcharts.com/visited_states/#) allows you to click the states then when you are done, you could simply export the map  to your computer. 

post-1459-0-21869600-1506157244_thumb.jpg

Edited by chphilo

Great idea. Not the easiest process to download it. Took a screen shot and saved it...

Oklahoma and Arkansas were missed due to tornados on a spring trip to DC. Headed farther south into Texas to run into severe weather coming in from the gulf. We also had considered going to New England to see family. Too long a trip.

post-376-0-92283500-1506180147_thumb.jpg

Edited by radin2son

Are there a Canada and Mexico versions of this? I clicked on foreign country and it was a world map. Maybe I didn’t look at it closely enough.

I am impressed. I think I should get out more. 

There is tab on the top of the linked site that does it for each country. I don't think it does it for individual states/regions of each country though.

post-630-0-06211800-1506567272_thumb.jpg

Edited by Glidedon

Maybe... On 9/27, we will have had our NV for 5 years. Head start on most.

Photos below: Picked up our camperized NV at Sportsmobile West, Fresno CA. First campsite, paved parking lot at the tent only camp site at the south entrance of Lassen Volcanic National Park. Spent most of our time reading manuals and answering questions about NVs.

This has been an amazing vehicle.

post-376-0-29455000-1506381482_thumb.jpeg

post-376-0-64206800-1506381542_thumb.jpeg

post-376-0-41598400-1506381585_thumb.jpeg

post-376-0-38281700-1506381671_thumb.jpeg

post-376-0-68102400-1506381764_thumb.jpeg

Edited by radin2son

Here is mine for now.  Still deciding on which vehicle to take cross country next year but we are leading towards my wife's Sienna for way better MPG and ease of maneuvering in tight places.

post-1016-0-35468600-1506345075_thumb.jpg

You will miss your NV and look at all the states you can color in. Throw in sleeping bags, tent, stove and you can camp if the opportunity arises...

I voted NV as well just for the space for kids to spread out but...  Wife doesnt like driving the NV and I would like a break driving 5000 miles.  Sienna gets double the MPG of my NV.  Sienna is way easier to park and maneuver in tight parking lots or narrow back roads.  

NV gets to go back to FL this winter again for annual camping trip at Christmas.  Wer'e also doing Fall camping trip but that is local-ish.  

My NV definitely gets driven a lot, I have 45K miles and it's a little over 2 years old.  I telecommute from home so have a zero mile commute!  

Since you most likely will be driving interstates next summer, you and your wife will definitely notice the absence of traffic between western cities.

Your NV will love the 75-85 mph speed limits and you will be surprised with your mpg. Interstate speed does not seem to affect mpg all that much with these old V8s. Since you aren’t towing you will see fewer gas stations...

Just got back from 17 days out and 3,524 miles. Can add South Dakota to my list!

I’ve hit states on both borders in the 2 weeks we’ve had this van. I’m impressed how much smoother it drives than our Excursion we had. Only miss the diesel for the fuel mileage.

post-2787-0-43522300-1533389487_thumb.png

NV stayed home (took the Sienna, double the gas mileage!) but we are back from the cross country trip.

13 states.  5806 miles and 6 National Parks visited.  2-1/2 weeks in total.  Also went to Disneyland, Legoland CA and Seaworld.  

Trip went so well we are planning the next trip to go north - Yellowstone, Yosemite and Glacier among others.

chphilo posted this 3 years ago. New NVP and diy camper van owners since then... Click on the link in the first post if interested.