familyof7

Weather Tech etc, what are good floor mats for back rows?

Have weather tech for my other cars but can't find one that fits all the back rows!  Carpet is getting worn pretty heavily!

Nissan sells a carpeted set for the rear.  I use carpet runner from a hardware store (Lowes, Home Depot, etc) as do others.  The problem with a set of rubber mats like Weather Tech is that we can move our seats around in these vans.  Size would be different depending on where you put your seats.  A flat piece of carpet mat with slots is much easier to mass produce.

I have a set of the carpeted mats for the back if you are interested in buying.  They came with the package, but I ended up replacing all the back carpet with vinyl.

Let me know.

Nissan rear floor mats:  (for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rows) (Part Number: 999E2-HZ000) MSRP $140

I had cheap liners before in the rear cut to fit, but hated them. I love these Nissan mats.

post-1459-0-12045500-1509631616_thumb.jpg

post-1459-0-52945800-1509631674_thumb.jpg

I bought one of those large rubber bed liners for the bed of a pickup and cut it out to fit.  Was a PITA to cut but I can throw anything back there without worrying about it. Weatherproof. Dog proof.  Easy to clean and because it's so heavy it doens't move around.  Pics will come later today.  I also bought one that you can mount to the tailgate of picups and put it longways in front of the 2nd row.  Again, pics coming later today.

Honestly I don’t know why manufacturers put carpet in any cars. It is just a pain. It isn’t like people are driving them barefoot. No they are stomping around in mud and snow and tracking that inside the vehicle.

Following what I have seen others do on this site, I bought a generic van mat, removed the carpet, and used it as a template to cut the rubber van mat to size and include all the holes for the seats. I bought mine from American Van. I originally bought the die cut mat but realized that it is intended for the cargo instead of the passenger van because it has holes precut for the cargo tie downs. It was also cut a little shorter than I wanted and wouldn’t cover all of the carpet toward the front of the passenger area. So I sent that one back and got the generic van mat and cut it myself. I love it