Randucci

Reliable 12V - 120V inverter?

I want to add a 1500 -2000w 12V DC to 120V AC inverter, has anyone found a reliable one that has lasted and liked? It doesn't have to be a true sine wave model, a modified sine wave will work. I have done a lot of research and it seems most all have good and bad reviews, none that seem to have most all good ones. Let me know if you have any suggestions, thanks.

I have a Kriëger 1100w/2200w peak inverter. I'm able to run a TV off of it with no interference or problems even though my van is chock full of ground loops. I use it for my low wattage rice maker and hot pot. Also have used the heat gun for heat shrink wiring, and electric drill.I've even used a microwave with it, though it dragged because the wattage (950w at the upper limit of the inverter) AND (or?) I only have 300ah of battery. I also ran a tiny space heater (150w blowing into the dog crate). I'm sure there are better ones, but I'm okay because I don't have high expectations for a cheap MSW inverter.

Ted

I don't know, 1/3 of the reviews on the Motomaster aren't very good. This is what I have been seeing, every inverter has too many negative reviews, doesn't seem to be any that have almost all positive comments.

I have a Kriëger 1100w/2200w peak inverter. I'm able to run a TV off of it with no interference or problems even though my van is chock full of ground loops. I use it for my low wattage rice maker and hot pot. Also have used the heat gun for heat shrink wiring, and electric drill.I've even used a microwave with it, though it dragged because the wattage (950w at the upper limit of the inverter) AND (or?) I only have 300ah of battery. I also ran a tiny space heater (150w blowing into the dog crate). I'm sure there are better ones, but I'm okay because I don't have high expectations for a cheap MSW inverter.

Ted

Hey, did you add an extra battery? or your car is on to use the inverter? 

I have 300ah of auxiliary battery on my 3500. I have the Kriëger 1100watt inverter on her. Hub has 450ah auxiliary battery on his NV 2500. He has a Kriëger 1500 watt inverter. Our battery banks are charged with solar power (540 Watts on Hub's, 445 Watts on mine) and the alternator while driving. We use the CTEK d250s and Smartpass for charging through the alternator.

I bought a travel trailer and just installed 660 watts of solar and 400ah of battery. I'm using a Kriëger 2000 watt with her.

We also have small inverters (I'm looking at my cute little red 150watt one right now) for small needs. We only turn on the big inverters when we need them. Make sure you get a remote on/off switch. The bigger the inverter, the greater the parasitic drain while standing by.

All inverters may have their problems, but we're sticking to what works for us.

Ted