Sign in to follow this  
Hub

Finally on the road in the southwest

Hello all,

Looking forward, I first want to wish everyone a healthy and happy new year. I think I have posted somewhere once or twice in the forum, but can't recall. Most of you probably are familiar with my wife, DesertTed, also known as SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed).

I will be posting a build thread of a second NV. My wife's thread is about an NV3500 High Top, and mine is an NV2500 High Top. After a lengthy time building out the 3500 and getting her ready for the road, and our initial voyage, it was decided that TWO vehicles would be best for our marriage. We have different traveling styles and interests, and sometimes will be traveling together, other times not.

I picked up my NV2500 from Autonation Nissan Chandler on 8/8/17. Terry Rogers made the transaction pleasant, as he did the purchase of our 2016 NV3500. If you are looking to buy a new NV I would recommend Terry and his dealership to anyone. We live in Tucson but have our service done in Chandler.

I am actually fairly far along with my build, but as we were preparing our house for sale, (which sold two weeks ago, Yeah!!!) writing about the build was not a priority.

In fact, writing for me is difficult, like a root canal. As DesertTed and I are now houseless, and hence offically homeless, I am going to try to write a bit more. Maybe the difficulty and pain will diminish with time?

So the first thing I want to mention that might be helpful to some on the board is to get the software update on the 2017 transmission. Wife and I both agree it is a signiicant improvement! It is now a much smoother ride.

As I am not a writer I will stop now and leave you to enjoy your day, or night.

Hub

AKA Steve

Sent e board Yahoo Mail on Androidpost-1708-0-48278200-1514236080_thumb.jpg

Hi Steve, Interesting placement of the solar panels. Are they hinged to swing up? 

Thanks for the info on AutoNation Nissan. As you travel, keep us posted about other dealerships you use.

The software update has been posted.

Welcome to the forum. Cool looking ride/house. I always liked nomadic life style. Keep us updated with your adventures.