rtz

Best location to tap for high level inputs

I pulled the head unit and a door speaker for the express purpose of locating a good spot in the wiring. I’ve never seen such a vehicle where the wiring was so inaccessible.

Who has further explored the speaker wires going from the door to the radio?

Can I used one of those “toner “ devices to trace the wires?

I want to hook up a bazooka tube.

That is a much better solution but I think he wants to avoid taking his dash apart and the cost of this is probably prohibitive.  

The LC7i is the best option if you want to keep your factory head unit and hook up amps but its not a nice simple solution like he wants.

im in the process of adding aftermarket amps? did you have success id adding the hi lo converter?

I ended up pulling out the radio and using T-taps which I didn't want to do. But the Bazooka is hooked up. Not near as loud as I thought it would be. Kinda underwhelmed with it. It's the 250watt 10". Wish they would get with the times and get away from their "oh it's so efficient it doesnt need to be powerful " and just make a 1000watt plus model.

https://www.bazooka.com/bass-tubes/amplified-bass-tubes/bt-series-10-amplified-bass-tubes-free-universal-mounting-bracket.html

I tried doing the “tee” connectors but had a hard time finding the correct polarity. So I changed route and found this eBay item #142664889748. What a life saver. It’s already wired up with a hi lo converter so all you have to do snap it in place. I have stock Nav deck in my 2017.

FYI you will get the full audio spectrum from the deck, out of the hi lo converter so you can run a single pair rca cable to your amps and feed mid/hi amp and sub amp from the same signal (assuming your amps have crossovers in place)

I also did door speakers with the Sundown Neo pro 6.5’s and silk dome tweeters on dash. I used foam rings for damping the sound in door. I used metra speaker adapter rings. All bolted up nicely.

Edited by eddiebecerra

That adapter looks nice. I definitely would have used something like that but I didn't find anything back when I was messing with this stuff.