Tombh301

Is there a way to keep Camera on

Is there anyway to keep the back up camera on while driving so I can see what's going on behind me at all times

Thanks everyone In advance

Not that I know of, in any vehicle. But it is super handy to watch traffic, hitches, electrical plugs during really right maneuvers, etc. I wish every vehicle had the option to keep the cameras on...

Not that I know of, in any vehicle. But it is super handy to watch traffic, hitches, electrical plugs during really right maneuvers, etc. I wish every vehicle had the option to keep the cameras on...

I've heard of people installing a second rear view camera and monitor for that purpose.  There are even cameras available that replace the cover on the third brake light, so they provide a nice high view.  (Apparently, there's more than one camera model like that, and some of them only point down.)

Thanks everyone I really appreciate the responses

My aftermarket cam displays constant. I installed it that way and when I hitch up my trailer, the cam on that plugs into the system and shows that too. These guys are a little pricey but well worth it IMO. Their products are solid.

https://www.rearviewsafety.com

there is a device called a lockpick made by a company out in California for head units and it goes in between the connections from the car to the head unit but they do not make one for Nissan at this time it's only for Ford Toyota and GMC. from a company called Coastal E-Tech

Here's an update I am probably going to do a rear view mirror with two three or four input that I can switch to have constantly on some great options out there just search rear-view mirror 2 AV input

Edited by TinyStudio

Hey Bamps,

Which model did you get?  I run a Garmin DashCam 10 looking forward and would like to have a rear looking unit.

Hey Bamps,

Which model did you get?  I run a Garmin DashCam 10 looking forward and would like to have a rear looking unit.

I got the Rearviewsafety and a cam for the little travel trailer I tow. https://www.rearviewsafety.com/safety-solutions/backup-camera-systems/backup-cameras/third-brake-light-cameras/rvs-912-rear-view-camera-nissan-nv-backup-camera.html

I purchase the master Tailgaters rear view mirror with two video inputs and we'll hook up the existing rearview to the mirror and then add my RV travel trailer camera to the head unit video. When the travel trailer is hooked up and in Reverse will see it on the head unit but then when the stock camera is in Reverse will see it on the mirror (all the time if desired). I can toggle to see the front cam to see how close we are to something. Also adding a backup alarm because in our cul-de-sac there are 27 kids

Anybody find a camera suitable for full time rear view? The Rear View Safety 3rd brake light is NOT! It's just barely adequate as a back up camera. The angle of view is such that if you can see your hitch ball, you only see about 8 feet behind you. Thats on a high top.If you tilt it as far up as it will go, you can see about 15 feet behind, but not what is really close.

I do like their monitor, the switcher or where you connect the cameras and power is separate from the monitor, so you can replace rear mirror and only run one cable through the head liner.

My aftermarket cam displays constant. I installed it that way and when I hitch up my trailer, the cam on that plugs into the system and shows that too. These guys are a little pricey but well worth it IMO. Their products are solid.

https://www.rearviewsafety.com

https://www.ebay.com...8?ul_noapp=true

Vardsafe | 7" Replacement Mirror Monitor + Backup Camera For Nissan NV 1500 2500

same product, but $100 cheaper than above site mentioned.