Tombh301

Safety crash tests on npv ?

Anyone know of any big accidents with the bomb passenger vans and how they held up I am interested in buying one but the safety of my children are a concern

You will need check the Nissan Commercial web site to see what safety features are listed and any agencies that track this. Do they even crash test trucks?

To answer you question, yes there was a serious accident documented on this site. Finding it may hard. An NVP was traveling at interstate speed, side swiped a guard rail, driver’s side, causing it to flip onto its roof and slide down the interstate. No injuries.

Most visible damage was to the front, driver’s side. The roof retained its integrity. Totaled but easy enough to be replaced with another NVP.

Will you and your family be safe? This is a truck with lots of sheet metal, a super strong chassis and lots of air bags. Compare it to what you are driving now.

I’m with Rad all the way. We bought a new Honda CRV for the wife last fall. It’s loaded with every active and passive safety feature you could imagine, doing everything possible to keep its occupants safe in the event of the unthinkable. And it gets twice the gas mileage of the NV. But if that horrible event happened with us and our 4 kids inside, there is no way I’d EVER choose all that engineered safety over a big, square, heavy, van with a full truck frame and airbags galore. The exterior perimeters of the NV are much further from the passengers within. That gives me more peace of mind than anything else!

Somehow, you don’t expect to survive a crash like this, a semi broadsiding your vehicle.

Yes, they do crash test and safety rate trucks; both NHTSA and IIHS. They rate minivans but not large vans apparently.

The new Titan is 1 of 3 that rated well according to IIHS. Honda and Ford are the other pickups.

Off topic, the 2019 CHEVY has opted for a steel frame and uses aluminum only for doors and hood unlike Ford.

Double post...

Edited by radin2son

5 Star Safety Rating for 2018 NVP

Frontal crash: Not rated

Side Crash: Not rated

Roll over (single vehicle crash): 2 stars

How deceptive this is based on the crashes above.