bmrivest

Rear Seat Mounting Channel Covers

Hey guys,

I've had some issues with the dealership I bought my NVP 3500 from so I thought I'd try to get some answers here. I recently removed one of the rear seats for some additional cargo area and when I reached for the plastic covers the dealership gave me to fill the mounting holes in the floor, I noticed that there was no way the ones in my hand were going to work. It appears they'll work in the front row, the one where you can mount the seats in one of two locking positions, but not the other two rows. Upon contacting the dealership, they said they really didn't know and they'd have to pull another NVP into the service bay and check it out because no one really has the answer and it's not something that they can look up. So my question to the other NVP owners is.......how many of those covers come with the van from the factory and am I correct in thinking the front row covers are different from the two rear rows? If pics are necessary to get an understanding of my situation, just let me know and I'll get them. Would really appreciate any help anyone could give. Dealership has been giving me the run around from the day they took my money.

I just went through the same thing. The long covers that come with the van only fit the other rows. The rear holes can only be covered by the short covers, so you need four short covers AND four small inserts to the covers for each two section seat you take out. So if you remove the whole fourth row, you need eight of each. It’s ridiculous that they don’t include enough covers for each seat. I only removed one of the rear seats so I need four. Prepare for sticker shock at dealer too. I told them they’re crazy and showed them what the parts were running at for online parts dealers. My dealership was twice as much. For now, I’m just covering the holes with a mat. I’ve been thinking about trimming the long covers I’m not using. It seems to be there’s just a plastic ridge in the middle to shave but my fear is I may need that ridge one day if I remove the middle rows.

I just went through the same thing. The long covers that come with the van only fit the other rows. The rear holes can only be covered by the short covers, so you need four short covers AND four small inserts to the covers for each two section seat you take out. So if you remove the whole fourth row, you need eight of each. It’s ridiculous that they don’t include enough covers for each seat. I only removed one of the rear seats so I need four. Prepare for sticker shock at dealer too. I told them they’re crazy and showed them what the parts were running at for online parts dealers. My dealership was twice as much. For now, I’m just covering the holes with a mat. I’ve been thinking about trimming the long covers I’m not using. It seems to be there’s just a plastic ridge in the middle to shave but my fear is I may need that ridge one day if I remove the middle rows.

Thanks for the reply. Somewhat reassuring that I'm not the only one going through this. I had considered just throwing a mat down over the holes as well. The one from my old Suburban should work nicely to cut down to size. Thanks again!

Oh and I'm still waiting on my salesman. He says he hasn't had time to get out on the lot and check it out. I told him I would if he'd throw me the keys. He said that he would do it himself because he liked doing that kind of stuff and learning more about his vehicles. What a joke!

From your posts, the parts exist, but are too expensive?

Call Nissan Commercial customer advocates to voice your concern about the lack of covers, particularly given the hyperbole regarding all the seat possitions. Also let them know about your dealer experience.

They may not do anything but keep calling them until they do.