delawaredave12

Sliding door window install

Greetings, my wife and i just bought a 2017 NV 2500 cargo van (low top) we want to have a window installed in the passenger sliding door. Seems like the clamp ring for the kit would interfere with the door lock/handle. Does anyone have any advice or experience they can share with us? We want to get a vented window as we are converting to a camper van. Thank you.

Welcome to the site.  I am sure radinson and other will chime in soon.  They all have camper conversions or other mods that include windows.

So predictable... Welcome.

CR Laurence makes a great product. Go to conversions and look for laharview’s posts and photos.

We have used ours for 5 years with no problems. Unless you have plans for the driver side wall, putting one there adds the cross ventilation you will need. They come with screens; the fit is not great on ours, but the bugs stay out.

While you are at it, Skeeterbeater makes screens for the front and rear doors. We made our own side door screen, but I believe they make these as well. These are worth the expense.

Other window brands have been used. Look at all the build posts. Lots of good ideas.

Edited by radin2son

Thank you. My main concern was already answered when i looked up laharview. Mainly that the plastic around the inside door handle will in fact have to be retrofitted/ trimmed. Thanks again

Hi delawaredave12,

Glad you got it figured out.  I might have left out the fact that a bit of plastic trimming was needed.  Post a photo!

i also added the vented CRL window on the drivers side.  So far have not needed a fan using the windows and SkeeterBeaters.

Best Regards,

Mike

Laharview Farm